Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife took her 2019 Ascent to local dealer for 24k service. A week later I ride in her car and it smells like gas... I'm not a huge car guy, but I look under the hood and there appears to be a bolt missing? What is it, and could this explain the smell? (The dealer gave her an appointment in a week!). Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Did the dealer look at the vehicle at all before making the appointment? I am not the one to ask about the bolt itself but in terms of the process, I would email them the photo and have them respond in writing as to what this missing bolt is and whether it is safe to drive for the week. If they say it is not I would have them tow it to the dealer and get a loaner from them. I would not drive it without knowing it is safe to do so. Many dealers have an appointment person who knows nothing about cars so I would be talking with a service adviser who either knows or would then talk to a tech.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
don't you need Thread to put a bolt in ...
I was not clear where the missing bolt would have gone based on the photo blown up. I assumed he was correct in his assertion that there is a missing bolt. Maybe he can annotate the photo and repost?

·
Registered
685 Posts
There is NO missing bolt in the photo that I can see. I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the photo you posted. Are you sure the smell was gasoline and not just spilled oil burning off?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I was not clear where the missing bolt would have gone based on the photo blown up. I assumed he was correct in his assertion that there is a missing bolt. Maybe he can annotate the photo and repost?
I don't see anything missing on the picture , but sure looks dirty for been only 24k mI and only like 3rd oil change ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wife took her 2019 Ascent to local dealer for 24k service. A week later I ride in her car and it smells like gas... I'm not a huge car guy, but I look under the hood and there appears to be a bolt missing? What is it, and could this explain the smell? (The dealer gave her an appointment in a week!). Thanks in advance.
I got my 2019 from probably the same dealer. I had an issue with the Eyesight feature and took it right to the dealer and had a mechanic look at it and they fixed it on the spot. I'd do the same with yours.

·
Administrator
11,401 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts