Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,225 Posts
Polarized sunglasses. They get rid of that reflection of the dash on the windshield and you basically never have to use the visors!

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Have you pushed the visor all the way to the left? It moves left and right about a foot (so it's usable for the side windows).

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Polarized sunglasses. They get rid of that reflection of the dash on the windshield and you basically never have to use the visors!
It's the sun. The sun that shines through in the morning and in the evening. It finds it's way directly in that gap every single time.

Polarized sunglasses are on my face during the day. They do work wonders. Including me wondering why I can't read the LCD screen at the gas pump sometimes ;)

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Good thought. IIRC, it does kick the top of the A-Pillar cover out and in that direction...

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
941 Posts
If you lower the visor just slightly, so that it's pointing "toward" you rather than "away" from you, the gap is completely closed.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wondering if it might be due to the side airbags??? Anyone have photos of them when deployed?
Maybe? My 13 Outback had A pillar airbags. I did not have a gap this large.

Notably, those OB sun visors had a sliding plastic component that deployed from and retracted into the visor itself. These visors in the Ascent slide along a monorail 🚝.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts