Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,165 Posts
Inclines or reclines? The latter generally means folds down so you are in an almost "laying flat" type position. The former generally means has some adjustability to the seat back angle by a few degrees for comfort. My experience with my Ascent is that middle row seats have "incline" adjustment but do not "recline". That's for the captain's chairs, but I strongly suspect that the bench is the same.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Inclines or reclines? The latter generally means folds down so you are in an almost "laying flat" type position. The former generally means has some adjustability to the seat back angle by a few degrees for comfort. My experience with my Ascent is that middle row seats have "incline" adjustment but do not "recline". That's for the captain's chairs, but I strongly suspect that the bench is the same.
Merriam-Webster defines recline as "to cause or permit to incline backwards".

Reactions: GaryInMI

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
810 Posts
I just want folks to be comfortable.
Both my wife and I spent a few thousand miles each sitting in the second row during our 8,400 mile Winter trip last December-March, because our dogs were used to riding in the front seat with us on previous trips in our Ram Crew Cab truck. That wasn't possible in the Accent so one of us rode back there to keep the peace.

If you pop off the front passenger headrest it is a pretty nice place to ride, especially with the pano sun roof.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Both my wife and I spent a few thousand miles each sitting in the second row during our 8,400 mile Winter trip last December-March, because our dogs were used to riding in the front seat with us on previous trips in our Ram Crew Cab truck. That wasn't possible in the Accent so one of us rode back there to keep the peace.

If you pop off the front passenger headrest it is a pretty nice place to ride, especially with the pano sun roof.
We are taking off in December for a multi-month tour of the US in our 2020 Ascent. Where did you guys go?

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
810 Posts
We are taking off in December for a multi-month tour of the US in our 2020 Ascent. Where did you guys go?
We escape the worst of MI winter for 2-3 months every year visiting our kids and grand kids in California. Of course they can't all be in the same place so we split our time between Sacramento, LA and San Diego along with seeing some other family in Phoenix. One of our old dogs can't handle altitudes over about 4,500 feet without breathing difficulties so we have to cross Texas diagonally from Texarkana down to El Paso to avoid the mountains in northern New Mexico and AZ. Lots of enjoyable miles in the Accent and my wife did a lot more driving this year, because it fits her better than the truck did.

Our focus is mostly getting cross country so we don't do much sight seeing on these trips, would love to do that some time without the dogs.

We had zero trouble the the Ascent during the trip, or since then,

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.