Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First impressions are superb! Stuck with the stock size 245/50/20. Reall sticky in the corners, tracks true, stiffens up the steering in a great way. I don’t find that what others have stated with road noise true in my case. Granted I come from driving a 1ton dually box work truck daily. After a 250mile road trip, rally mud flaps are next on the list.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I put them on my daily drivers winter wheels. They are definitely louder than my summer tires but thats to be expected. They aren’t obtrusive though and i like them so far. They haven’t seen snow (yet…) and they are on my list for replacement of the OEM tires for my wife’s Ascent next summer.

·
Registered
Subaru Ascent Touring 2019
164 Posts
Ride quality is much better on them but you can feel that extra rubber on slow turns in garage. I don't think they are much noisier but that is very subjective. Didn't have a chance to ride in rain or snow yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’ve put 10,000 miles on a set of Cross Climate 2 in every type of weather except heavy snow (it’s around the corner I’m sure). Love these tires. Ya’ll made a great choice. I found the road noise identical to the OEM Falkens, which is minimal, and the ride quality of the Michelins is excellent.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
810 Posts
After a couple of months and a thousand-ish miles, I like the better ride and handling on wet roads.

Hate the noise, super loud drone, especially from 50-60mph. Not looking forward to the next 5 thousand mile road trip. I guess I got the only noisy set. Inflation and alignment are correct.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 2021 Ascent with Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires went thru it’s first snow today. The tires performed excellent. It’s a heavy wet snow that has a layer of oily ice underneath on side streets and clumpy slush on the highways here in Toronto. The tires easily cut the slush when changing lanes on the highway, no sudden steering impact. In town with the under-layer of ice, the tires performed as expected with excellent grip when cornering and accelerating; stopping required more distance but that is to be expected.
Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts