Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was at a dealership. A week later when I tried to make a phone call the other person could not hear me. Voice command on maps won't work either so it must be a mic issue. I did hit the speak icon on off but it didn't change any.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
My car was at a dealership. A week later when I tried to make a phone call the other person could not hear me. Voice command on maps won't work either so it must be a mic issue. I did hit the speak icon on off but it didn't change any.
Have you tried using the built in voice commands without you phone connected to the car? Also, what type of phone?

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
My map would not recognize any voice either.
Does it recognize you're clicking the button?

If so, go into Settings->Sound, and look for microphone. Let me know what value the slider is on.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
I turned on the car today and everything worked. Yesterday I drove the car thirty minutes before I used anything and it didn’t. Yesterday the mic sound was at 8
Perhaps a harness connector is loose? I don't have the diagrams for the head unit hookup handy, but, there's two mics, which possibly connect through the same harness.

Another possibility is it's a software bug.

Please see what firmware version the head unit is running:
Settings->General-System Information

(don't worry about the maps version)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does it recognize you're clicking the button?

If so, go into Settings->Sound, and look for microphone. Let me know what value the slider is on.
Robert what number should it be on? I had my mic set to 30 everyone states it sounds terrible, they hear noise, cracking sounds. I have a iPhone. Could you please tell me what settings are the best for phone calls. thanks

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Robert what number should it be on? I had my mic set to 30 everyone states it sounds terrible, they hear noise, cracking sounds. I have a iPhone. Could you please tell me what settings are the best for phone calls. thanks
It really depends. I think mine is at negative 4. Call someone while driving and play with it until they tell you they hear you better.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Thanks Wow -4, I think my was around 8-10 and everyone was telling me they couldn't hear me. Would the phone volume have anything to do with it?
Dunno. It might. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10. I think each phone is a little different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts