Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing the part where which trim gets memory seats, or are they really not available? I hope I'm wrong, because a family vehicle that likely has two or more drivers should have memory seats as an option.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I saw a Limited yesterday at a Subaru Winterfest event. It definitely had the memory buttons (same as I have on my Outback 15 limited). Not sure if it extends to all trims but I haven't seen anything that calls it out on any trim, so I'm guessing it is standard on all. (my guess only)

·
Registered
86 Posts
They have 2 memory settings according to Cars101.com, assuming Joe is correct. I had assumed it had 2 memory settings like the Outback.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I hope memory settings apply to side mirrors as well and not only a seat (just like in my 10 year old Sienna van)
This is a good question can anyone chime in on the Outback if the memory seats move the mirrors as well? I know in my wife's Sonata they move the mirrors and this prevents having to move outside mirrors all the time!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just bought a Limited Outback and if it has memory mirrors, I certainly didn't notice.
I know the 2016 Outback Limited doesn’t have memory mirrors. I usually adjust to my wife’s mirror locations. It usually takes care of it. The programmable mirrors would be great though.

Reactions: unsub1

·
Registered
967 Posts
This is a good question can anyone chime in on the Outback if the memory seats move the mirrors as well?
Memory drivers seat on the Limited / Touring Outback and the Touring Forester only adjusts the seat. We've seen nothing to indicate that it will also adjust the outside mirrors.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Memory drivers seat on the Limited / Touring Outback and the Touring Forester only adjusts the seat. We've seen nothing to indicate that it will also adjust the outside mirrors.
:sad: Well there is a first for everything I'm hoping that this is included but it won't be a deal breaker as my wife probably won't drive the car often. In my wife's Sonata it does this and we use it all the time as I typically do 95% of the driving when we are together. If we shared the car this would be a higher priority.

·
Registered
291 Posts
:sad: Well there is a first for everything I'm hoping that this is included but it won't be a deal breaker as my wife probably won't drive the car often. In my wife's Sonata it does this and we use it all the time as I typically do 95% of the driving when we are together. If we shared the car this would be a higher priority.
Yeah, I have had mirror adjustment incl in memory in cars as far back as mid nineties. With all the Subaru tech in their cars, hard to believe they still don't have this.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yeah, I have had mirror adjustment incl in memory in cars as far back as mid nineties. With all the Subaru tech in their cars, hard to believe they still don't have this.
Subaru didn't have a lot of these common convenience features until around 2015 on their models so it's plus they offer this in any capacity now. But I agree i constantly adjust my wife's 2015 outback side mirrors since she is so much shorter than me. Who knows this may be a product enhancement in the not too distant future. Contact SOA and let them know!

·
Registered
967 Posts
With all the Subaru tech in their cars, hard to believe they still don't have this.
Subaru has traditionally been both a conservative car company and one that concentrates on the vehicle, not necessarily the occupant.

Or, as I like to say, we've been doing the same thing for more than 4 decades, making incredibly safe and incredibly reliable cars, but also making incredibly ugly refrigerators on wheels. And we've finally quit doing that, so the cars now look good, too. I mean, when you consider that this is the first year we've had cars that the doors lock when you start driving, and that's been out for how long? It takes a while to get caught up - just keep in mind that we're still we've had sales increases year over year when no other car company has done that.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Odd that they'd have these features on the Forester but not the Ascent...
The 2019 Touring is the most luxurious Forester ever, with standard and exclusive features including 10-way power driver’s seat, new 8-way power front passenger seat, new heated rear seats and heated steering wheel. Also new for 2019, the exterior mirrors have a two-position memory function synchronized to the driver’s seat position memory and in addition tilt downward when reverse gear is engaged, to aid in parking maneuvers. A new power rear lock button is available on the rear liftgate that will close and lock the gate and all doors on the vehicle.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Odd that they'd have these features on the Forester but not the Ascent...
The 2019 Touring is the most luxurious Forester ever, with standard and exclusive features including 10-way power driver’s seat, new 8-way power front passenger seat, new heated rear seats and heated steering wheel. Also new for 2019, the exterior mirrors have a two-position memory function synchronized to the driver’s seat position memory and in addition tilt downward when reverse gear is engaged, to aid in parking maneuvers. A new power rear lock button is available on the rear liftgate that will close and lock the gate and all doors on the vehicle.
Hmm this makes me wonder if the next model year Ascent will gain some of these features since they are on the Forester. Not to mention a 4 way front passenger seat in the Ascent.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts