Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have all of 14 miles on our blue touring, love it so far except: why is it, on a clean slate design new vehicle, that the mirrors, radio settings, and driver profile are not connected to the seat memory function? I wouldn’t think this would be difficult to accomplish, as every car with memory seats I’ve driven in the last 15 years has managed it....

·
Registered
770 Posts
^ It's a disappointment for me, too...but in all honesty, Subaru's always been just a bit behind on the ICE front.

I'm betting that this is something they will address either on the model refresh or with the next iteration.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Same here. I can't understand how the mirrors don't adjust with the seat settings.
My wife drove my car recently and adjusted both seats and mirrors. I found out that's easier to adjust the single seat than the two mirrors. Given the choice of memory between mirrors and seat, I'd take the mirrors.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My wife drove my car recently and adjusted both seats and mirrors. I found out that's easier to adjust the single seat than the two mirrors. Given the choice of memory between mirrors and seat, I'd take the mirrors.
Fortunately for us, my wife's outside mirror positions and mine are the same. Have been on most cars over our married life. Seat position is another story.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My wife and I just had this conversation... asked her "I wonder if the seat memory stores my mirror positions?" This thread pretty much answers my question.

Maybe slightly off topic, but is there a way for the mirrors to point down when you're in reverse? I like being able to see the curb when I'm parallel parking.

Reactions: MrFixit

·
Administrator
11,090 Posts
My wife and I just had this conversation... asked her "I wonder if the seat memory stores my mirror positions?" This thread pretty much answers my question.

Maybe slightly off topic, but is there a way for the mirrors to point down when you're in reverse? I like being able to see the curb when I'm parallel parking.
Alas, no.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is a pretty big bummer, too, as the car I sold to make room for the Ascent was 14 years old, but did handle the mirror adjustments. I sit much taller than my wife, so this is a constant struggle. We both want to use and enjoy the new subaru, but it's quite annoying to get in after the other and have to adjust so much stuff when we used to just click our fobs on our old car.

I like my Ascent, but I feel like they missed quite a few little things like this that could have been done much better. Not having steering wheel heat on the remote start app (and the whole app kind of looking like a high school senior designed it in a weekend), the memory settings not including mirrors, etc. I guess you take a risk when you buy a new model of vehicle that they haven't polished it yet, but since so much of this is not unique to an Ascent, but kind of an expectation across any vehicle at the highest trim model, I had just assumed it would be there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am glad I saw this thread, else I never would have accepted this was the way the mirrors worked. They indeed missed the chance to do this right.

We've only had our Touring model a week and were trying to figure out why the mirrors weren't moving with the seat memory settings. The Buick Enclave we traded in had memory settings for the mirrors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My previous SUV a 2013 pathfinder had all these features. I was very disappointing this is not at least on the Touring trim. My wife is the primary driver and we have a 9 inch difference in height so a bit of a bother. I just leave the mirrors alone and lower my seat some to save the trouble. No idea if this could be a software upgrade

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,165 Posts
There would need to be a controllable motorized mechanism in the mirrors for them to be adjusted via software and the memory system...

·
Registered
791 Posts
I was definitely disappointed by this is well. This is the first car we've owned that didn't have mirrors that adjusted with the seat. Matter fact it's our first car with a steering wheel didn't automatically tilt-up as well (Which I know it can't because it's not power) when you exit the car. little things like this that we've always assumed we would have in our cars aren't present. While it's a little disappointing, in the end it's really a first world problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.