Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please enlighten me about the member ratings: super moderator; staff member; premium member; registered. what are they about?
also, are all you moderators plugged into subaru's secret "kill you if i told you about it" info network? you seem to receive info that could only
come from corporate sources.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm not an admin, so this is just a guess.

From what I can gather, the vast majority of us (~5800) are simply classified as "Registered".

There are currently four "Staff Members":

It appears that Staff Members can have any number of the following classifications:

Any of these other than "Registered" appear to be limited to Staff members only.

There appears to be one admin account which has an additional title of "Administrator":

Vendors get the title "Vendor" and something called "Vendor Subforum"

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. i was just wondering what the designations mean. if they are tied to the creatiors of the site; the longevity of membership to the site; if a premium member is also a financial contributor to the site; and what the designation "registered" means. also, do these four leaders have internal connections to subaru which allow them special "top secret" access to secret"deep throat", late light phone calls; corporate reports; memos; e-mails (both in-house and dealer-wide announcements). do they work for subaru in some fashion, whether at the dealer level; or in a mid or upper management position? they also have little lightning bolts on their avatar. does that signify anything? do they need $$ contributions for kickbacks, extortion, or other type compensation to ensure the continued internal flow of information to assist us poor schlubs out here in the trenches trying to keep our cars in tip-top shape?

·
Super Moderator
5,556 Posts
In the OB forums, a Premium Member has a paid membership and doesn't see as many (any?) ads. Here, it's only assigned to Moderators, and Admins.

Us moderators neither pay nor get paid (volunteers).

·
Super Moderator
5,556 Posts
so, following up again; what is an ob forum? is that like nsa level access?
Oh! Sorry. OB is shorthand for Outback, kinda like XV is shorthand for XV Crosstrek.

·
Super Moderator
5,556 Posts
What’s the meaning behind Reaction score and Points?
Reaction score is how many likes a person's comments have gotten.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts