Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three questions regarding the map in the Ascent

1. Is there a way to set a waypoint on the map with out an address? I want to mark my campsite on a forest road, so I navigate the map using the touch screen and find the approximate location. But how do I tell the Ascent to 'Navigate Here'? Like using iMaps, if you just hold your finger on the map for a second, it will create a waypoint.

2. Is there a way to create a waypoint from your current location? Kind of the same situation: I do lot of scouting for campsites and typically store my location in my phone (if I have service). I would rather have the Ascent just remember the location.

3. Is there a way to send a location from my phone to my Ascent?

Yes I know I can just use CarPlay but I want to use the build in Nav...because I have it.

Thanks peeps!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I too would like to figure out a few extra options for similar purposes. What I've figured out so far (first weekend with the Ascent and youth softball out of town) is instead of address you can directly put in GPS coordinates. Which is a hugely nice option to have. The nav on my 2013 F150 does not support GPS coordinates and it makes no sense whatsoever.

The softball complex we were at this weekend has a general address and navigation takes you to the main parking lot which is no where near the softball fields. The lot closest to the fields doesn't have an address so I just dropped a pin in google maps (on my phone) and wrote down the coordinates. Entered in TomTom and it navigated exactly where I want to be.

Next step is doing a similar process but without needing external support. On Sunday we started playing with Android Auto and Google Maps app and looks like that could have been done there instead of on my phone. So far I do like the built in Nav. Very responsive and seems accurate.

·
Registered
411 Posts
What I did for my family's property that I have NO idea of the address, is use Google Maps and drop a pin and add it to your favorites; then you can navigate via AA or CP to that favorite. Works for me. YMMV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.