Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1161 - 1161 of 1161 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
1) Call the Subaru Consumer phone line. Tell them the situation, your concern, etc. and open a file on this problem. It's important to get yourself in the system and by doing the above you will. They are pretty good at communicating with the dealers and hopefully can help with getting your car seen and dealt with. This is a well-known issue. Also, are there any alternative Subaru dealers in your area that you can take your Ascent into? Lastly, can you tell us, please, the model year and build date of your Ascent? Thank you.
I filed a complaint with Subaru and brought my car in on Thursday. They said they couldn't replicate the problem and I said well then you need to drive the car until you replicate the problem! The technician agreed and took the car out for another 30 minutes and low and behold the transmission hissed and car lost control. They have ordered a new transmission and gave me a loaner Ascent. They don't know how long it will take to get the transmission. They said it is a special order. The technician said this is his third transmission replacement on the Ascent. To all the people on here who try to discount those of us having this mechanical failure...this is real and its is rampant and I expect in time Subaru will be making a major recall! My car is White 2019 and not sure build date.

1161 - 1161 of 1161 Posts