Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Are the 24 month and 36 month maintenance plans worthwhile?
They're worthwhile for the dealership. :tango_face_wink:

Or you can see what is being offered and compare the same items to what they would charge otherwise. Does the math work out? Are you willing to pay more for the minimal convenience of prepaid maintenance, etc.

·
Registered
498 Posts
No, they are not. This has been discussed at length in other threads.

In summary, all you get are tire rotations, oil changes, oil filters, and an occasional air or cabin filter.
If you can do it yourself, you can spend all of $300 max over that term. If you lack the know how or rather have the convenience, you are spending 3x+ that.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Are the 24 month and 36 month maintenance plans worthwhile?
If the dealership is giving it to you for free, heck yes its worth it.

But there is more to factor in than just the services. If you find yourself or members of your household buying Subarus often then it is definitely worth it because you get the $500 coupon that has been so coveted on here. MSRP on the 2 year/24,000 mile is $584. If you use the coupon you are essentially paying $84 for 2 years of oil changes, tire rotations, and cabin air filter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I signed up for a 3 year maintenance plan for about $1000. Thinking I should try to cancel that...We're picking up from the dealer tomorrow (off the lot, not an order).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I signed up for a 3 year maintenance plan for about $1000. Thinking I should try to cancel that...We're picking up from the dealer tomorrow (off the lot, not an order).
I should add I don't plan on DIYing any maintenance but following the schedule with dealer service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.