Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I stumbled across this website / chip for the Ascent and am wondering if anyone has ever heard of it? I searched the forum and only tuning mod I could find is COBB.

Is this actually legit or bs? They claim 15% hp and torque and 6% mpg on the dyno-boost
Subaru Ascent MAGNUM Dyno-Boost Performance Chip

They they have some evo-tech chip that is similar?
Subaru Ascent MAGNUM EVO-Tech Performance Chip

Their description mentions a jetski? haha

"Take your vehicle from stock settings to custom tuned. EVO-Tech Subaru Ascent fuel management chip increases the power by 15% throughout the rev range and improve fuel mileage. This fuel management chip plugs into the Power Control Module through engine sensors to calibrate the most precise tunes. In your Subaru Ascent awaits a tremendous amount of potential power, just begging to be unleashed. Every jet ski deserves to perform at its peak. Augment the horsepower potential of your Subaru Ascent and say goodbye to lean factory programming with the EVO-Tech tuner chip."

Thoughts?

Oh and they also have some COBB looking tuner also? But this guy gives you 17% hp?!
Subaru Ascent MAGNUM Smart-Tune-E Ethanol E85 Fuel Tuner Performance Controller

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
1,108 Posts
Every jet ski deserves to perform at its peak.
Looks like "China Inc." needs to hire new proofreaders.

I didn't look at the links, but these hypes always reminds me of the wire you'd add to your carburetor or the "swirl chamber" you'd add to your fuel line and miraculously get double the power and mileage.

·
Registered
667 Posts
@KKbrubru - am I reading this correctly?

That it splices into the MAF (and IAT, if the vehicle is equipped with one) and O2 sensors (factory, not true wideband...but I may be dating myself here, as my understanding of tuning comes from a time when Subaru's factory O2s were not true widebands, maybe this has changed?), and then you use a screw to adjust the air/fuel mixture based on the LEDs (showing rich versus lean condition)?

Oh, yeah, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. <insert sarcasm>

That and a couple of spare longblocks. 😅

There's a reason why Cobb's AccessPort - as well as their OTS mapping - has become so trusted in the Subaru world.

This is -NOT- the way.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like their dyno graph titled "Generic dyno chart for a 100hp aspirated gas engine". Makes me very confident they tested this on an actual Ascent 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahah thanks for the feedback guys. Yah it was weird and I am 100% not risking a $50k car with some $200 pos. But was interested to hear some feedback as it was totally not making any sense to me.

Anyway I still have another 15,000km on my warranty before I get the COBB so I guess I have to wait.

Cheers all,

KK

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
Good decision (on not getting the Splice-In-Potentiometers thingy).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts