Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I placed our order in July for a Crystal White Pearl limited but now that she is seeing other Subarus in Magnetite Gray she really wants that color. Im guessing we will have to start over if we want to change the color, has anyone done this?

Does anyone have any pics of their Ascent in the Magnetite Gray?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Personally, I think the Ascent looks better in darker colors
I thought so too at first. When I first wanted to order, I was going to do Abyss Blue Pearl but I HATED the ivory interior, so the only option was the Touring, which I wanted but couldn't justify the cost vs benefits. I then thought about going with a darker color, but the wife hates darker colors, so it was really white or nothing.

Plus, white usually helps with resale value on some vehicles, they hide blemishes better, and look clean all the time. Which is why I went with what I did. YMMV

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
498 Posts
Really? I have always had darker cars so I decided to go with white. I really like the contrast of the white and black. But...the MGM looks really good!
With the amount of chrome on the touring trim, I think White would have looked better. Also, the neighbor across the street has a gray Honda Pilot. You would have thought the two were twins.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a white vehicle now, first one, which is nice as it always looks clean. But for the Ascent I ordered Red, first time with a red car. Wanted to feel like I have a new car..
Lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My vote is for the Magnetite Gray as I think the Subaru pearl white in person looks a little flat and not as iridescent as it could be (compared to some of the pearl white colours I've seen for other vehicles).

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring CWP
170 Posts
I faced the same dilemma when placing my final order. Our current vehicles are both Gray, so white it is. Plus we had a White 15 Outback, so I have a good idea what I'm getting in to. Personally, I would choose the Magnetite Gray Metallic.

Reactions: JohnV11

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The Magnetite Gray will always look classy and upscale, but it will show dirt immediately. If that does not bother you, choose the MG.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would say white but I think they have to save up enough pearls to crush a bunch at once for the CWP, so that may lead to a longer wait time. ;)

Just messing been waiting on my white touring for what feels like 7 years so just trying to make light of it, but really I have seen one in person and it looks good white, I am partial to the white having a white STI and Outback now.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
411 Posts
I would say white but I think they have to save up enough pearls to crush a bunch at once for the CWP, so that may lead to a longer wait time. ;)

Just messing been waiting on my white touring for what feels like 7 years so just trying to make light of it, but really I have seen one in person and it looks good white, I am partial to the white having a white STI and Outback now.
When I went to test drive the Ascent in June it was CWP and was nothing other than spectacular. I have seen my fare share of white Foresters, and WRX/STI's so I knew it looked good, but on a vehicle THIS big, I was worried. I am glad I went with CWP

Reactions: jacket4256

·
Registered
235 Posts
Guess I'm in the minority. We currently have a Obsidian Black Pearl on our 2007 Legacy. It has beautiful blue and green metallic in it and pops when the sun is on it. I drive a Silver Gray car, which I like too, but it's such a common color. But it seems when you look out in the parking lots you see multitudes of vehicles (SUVs and Minivans) that are either black, gray, or white. We decided we wanted to get something that might stand out more. The Abyss Blue was out because the wife isn't into blue tones, we didn't care for the Crimson Red Pearl (which isn't as nice looking as the red on a Mazda). So, since we are interested in the Touring model, that leaves us with the Cinnamon Brown Pearl, which we really like when the sun shines on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
White has been ordered. I Like magnetite color but it looks like an asphalt and I think it not safe.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.