Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone able to use the Magellan Maps? I signed up for the 1 year free trial, used it once and can no longer find it. It's not showing on the App screen and the Icon on the home screen for maps is the TomTom. Is it possible that adding the Android Auto wiped it out? I don't use the Android Auto since it uses data minutes.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Is anyone able to use the Magellan Maps? I signed up for the 1 year free trial, used it once and can no longer find it. It's not showing on the App screen and the Icon on the home screen for maps is the TomTom. Is it possible that adding the Android Auto wiped it out? I don't use the Android Auto since it uses data minutes.
Are you talking about the Magellan Navi App within the Starlink App? If so, it's embedded into the Starlink app. ...and it's painful to use. I wonder if it uses data as well?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about the Magellan Navi App within the Starlink App? If so, it's embedded into the Starlink app. ...and it's painful to use. I wonder if it uses data as well?

Yes that's the one, but it's not showing. It did before. It's doesn't use data but Android Auto and Apple Car play do. The Magellan is not synced to the phone like the other two are. You could use it even if you turned your phone off.

I don't like it but wanted to give it another try. When I picked my Ascent up, it led me in a continuous loop telling me to turn left at the end of a dead end street it took me to. I had to just start driving with no instructions to get to a main road. TomTom has it's faults also. Unfortunately, the system we have is "altered" - my 3 year old street & neighborhood are not on it but have been for almost 3 years on my hand held TomTom.

And..... I pay by the data I use and if I recall correctly, Android Auto does not let you see the directions for the whole trip - just the next turn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.