Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, saw this on Social media a little while back and couldn’t get it out of my mind. It’s such a relatively unobtrusive yet nice looking bumper guard and light mounting solution that I just ordered it.

The black powder coated version will run you just over $1k so it’s NOT a cheap option by any means....but the ordering and shipping process was quick and painless, and it helps that their website has a really good installation video. I did not get the skid plate, not do I have plans to lift my Ascent. Also, I ended up going with a set of Yellow LED fog lights from Amazon (still need to be wired up) instead of their pictured LED light bar.

It arrived supremely well padded and packaged (see pics). Unwrapping it with a 11 blade scalpel literally took almost 5 min LOL.

Installation was fairly quick, taking about 2 hours (taking my time). I basically just followed the installation video. Very straightforward install. Putting the plastic skid cover side retention clips back in was a little bit of a pain but overall no biggie. And yes, I am aware my garage floor is ugly AF. I blame the previous house owner.

Overall, I think the finished pics came out quite nicely, all things considered. Still need to do the fog wiring but at least I’m happy with he result so far.

Cheers!! Happy Green Beer weekend!
-C

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The listed weight I think says 30 lbs. Feels solid and sturdy, doesn’t seem to have any effect on normal driving / handling from what I can tell... but then again it’s only been in there for a few days and it’s not like I’m street racing with the Ascent LOL.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quick update - got the fogs wired in a few days ago. Used a fog light wiring kit also from Amazon, which was very helpful, as it came with pretty much everything you need. Ordered the OEM fog light switch for the Outback (part # H4510AL100) for a nice clean OEM install look. Spliced in the illumination red lead off the back of the switch into the adjacent rear lift gate memory green (illumination) wire. Best thing is that the fogs now work independently of the main headlights.

cheers,
-C

·
Registered
926 Posts
It does look very nice. If it was in the $400-$500 range I'd probably order one. $1k just seems a bit steep. The hitch is only $500. I know a lot of the money goes into paying off the R&D.

·
Registered
56 Posts
More options available in the future???

Hopefully there will be more options available in the near future. It appears that LP is the only one catering to our crowd for this product. Once more get out in the wild, surely they'll be forced to bring their price down a bit.:dunno:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Been looking at this for awhile now, but I just can’t for the price .. it just seems 3-400$ over priced ? Or is it me? Anybody else making one of these or does this go on sale?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Been looking at this for awhile now, but I just can’t for the price .. it just seems 3-400$ over priced ? Or is it me? Anybody else making one of these or does this go on sale?
LP has had a black friday sale in the past. Of course, no guarantee of one in the future. Even still, I don't think the discount was more than 25%. It was like 2 years ago?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have had the Bumper Bar and skid plate for 24,000 miles. Bumper Bar works very well in parking lots. My wife regularly tests it. Just a little scratched paint. No effect on mileage that I have noticed. They both work well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.