Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Maybe I have been out of the off-road game a bit but isn’t that a bit high for spacers? I think my 4 inch Jeep lift, that came with shocks, was around that price.

Not talking bad about the product because I know nothing of the brand, but maybe someone can speak to the pricing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I went with a 2" lift from LP and couldn't be happier.

Looks very nice, don’t get me wrong. I was just surprised by the cost. I’m glad your happy with the outcome. That’s most important.

Reactions: Alan

·
Registered
685 Posts
Maybe I have been out of the off-road game a bit but isn’t that a bit high for spacers? I think my 4 inch Jeep lift, that came with shocks, was around that price.

Not talking bad about the product because I know nothing of the brand, but maybe someone can speak to the pricing.
LP Adventure is Australia, that's part of the cost. BTW if you get the wobbles, look me up.

https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/10-engine-technical-discussion/1525-cke-ssp-cvt-mount-insert.html

ADF already stock my inserts ...

https://andersondesign-fab.com/product-category/trail-equipment/

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does it affect the Factory Warranty?
The dealer I used has done plenty of Crosstrek and Outback lifts using Subtle Solutions, but this was the first Ascent with a 2" lift from LP_Aventure out of Canada. If I have a claim, I have no doubt the companies I have selected will back me. I'm sure we'll work together to get things squared away. I signed a disclaimer stating I wouldn't hold them liable for damages caused by installation but they never once mentioned it specifically voided my warranty.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Three of the dealers I visited had lifted Foresters/Crossteks on display. They wanted a lot of $$ for the lifts. When I questioned them about how it affected the warranty, the salesman stated that "they" would "stand behind" their work. That implied that it was the installing dealer who would eat any costs down the line and that Subaru of America would not.

This has been an issue for folks in multiple car forums I belong to. Basically some folks believe the Magnussen-Moss Act will protect them. It does not seem to be the case however because if something breaks and it's related to what was modified, the dealer and SOA can easily deny the claim. And before anyone starts talking about using an attorney to enforce the law, SOA has attorneys on retainer and they will spend whatever it takes to win their position. Because if they allow one person to force them to warranty something that was modified, they'd be on the hook for all the other folks who modded. So that's just going to happen. Most folks don't have the kind of deep pockets and patience that a multi-national billion dollar corporation has.

I love the look of the lifted Ascents. But we know the CVT on these Subies is not the most robust of animals. There's a thread about replacing the CVT support with a higher durameter (stiffer) support. Certainly if you lift, it would seem to make sense to change out some of those rubber components so that everything stays in alignment so to speak.

Bottom line is - you mod at your own risk. The dealer may stand behind their work for a few years, but whither down the road in 5 years? Will you have a premature failure of the CVT or some other system/part? Who knows?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,590 Posts
Seven grand? :tango_face_surprise

·
Registered
560 Posts
Our local dealers were charging about $2k+ for a lift kit. The excessive charges probably go towards the cost of the dealer warranty of the lift.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,590 Posts
The $7K on that sticker does include the aftermarket wheels and tires, but still...

·
Registered
503 Posts
or if you havent already bought your ascent, you can get it lifted from Subaru. Just saw this at the dealer a few days ago. It's warrantied by Subaru. Sorry about the images posted in the wrong orientation #Windows10.
hilarious...Those are black rhino boxer wheels to boot! only 300 lbs below the MINIMUM load rating needed for this vehicle. With the lift and those wheels, I bet it lasts only 1 offroad outing.

·
Administrator
11,407 Posts
hilarious...Those are black rhino boxer wheels to boot! only 300 lbs below the MINIMUM load rating needed for this vehicle. With the lift and those wheels, I bet it lasts only 1 offroad outing.
Do you know which Black Rhinos? I can't find that particular one, but the ones I checked are rated high enough.

·
Administrator
11,407 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thank you! I'm very happy with the kit and have zero issues. In fact, I'd say that by my unofficial "seat of the pants" scientific method of deduction (tongue firmly inserted into cheek!), the kit makes the Ascent feel more planted. I especially notice it when taking corners. Others have complained about a floating feeling or a loose rear end. I've not experienced any of those sensations with this kit.

Looks awesome! How does it affect the handling at highway speed if anything?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts