1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
Can either or both of those be used when leasing and can they be combined?
Aside from Robert's advice to check for any exclusions...when you lease you should be negotiating the cost of the vehicle first before you even mention the word "lease". The cost of the vehicle you agree to is what is used to calculate the financials for the lease. "In general", available rebates and promotions should be usable to further reduce the vehicle capital cost after you arrive at the vehicle price.

As an aside, it's also not a good thing to put a "down payment" on a lease...it doesn't materially affect the actual cost of the lease because the sum of a down payment plus payments is going to be nearly identical to the cost of payments without a down payment over the term of the lease.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aside from Robert's advice to check for any exclusions...when you lease you should be negotiating the cost of the vehicle first before you even mention the word "lease". The cost of the vehicle you agree to is what is used to calculate the financials for the lease. "In general", available rebates and promotions should be usable to further reduce the vehicle capital cost after you arrive at the vehicle price.

As an aside, it's also not a good thing to put a "down payment" on a lease...it doesn't materially affect the actual cost of the lease because the sum of a down payment plus payments is going to be nearly identical to the cost of payments without a down payment over the term of the lease.
Things to consider, thank you!

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
I don’t know, I don’t actually have the coupons yet. I had never heard of the covid one until on here yesterday. I tried calling SoA to get one and find out more details but they had closed. Will try again today!
The exclusions change from time to time, otherwise, I'd have a quick answer for you, sorry - and, as you noted, the covid one is new. I never heard of it either. Please let us know what you learn.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The exclusions change from time to time, otherwise, I'd have a quick answer for you, sorry - and, as you noted, the covid one is new. I never heard of it either. Please let us know what you learn.
Just got through to SoA. The loyalty coupon is for $500, can be used for lease or purchase. This particular CSR had never heard of the covid one and even chuckled a bit when I asked about it.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Just got through to SoA. The loyalty coupon is for $500, can be used for lease or purchase. This particular CSR had never heard of the covid one and even chuckled a bit when I asked about it.
I wonder if it's a state or dealer thing?

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I wonder if it's a state or dealer thing?
Relief on Pre-Owned Purchases

We’re here to help during these times of uncertainty, and we're doing what we can to help alleviate some of your burdens. Receive a $1,000 COVID Relief Credit on 2018 – 2020 model year pre-owned vehicles. These savings are in addition to our already competitive Schomp ONE PRICE®.

Claim $1,000 Credit

clicking on the claim link is a dead end. You would need to call.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
The loyalty coupon is for $500, can be used for lease or purchase.
Please note that the Loyalty Rebate can be for other amounts, too, depending on ownership history, current Subarus in the driveway and use of Dealer service.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Relief on Pre-Owned Purchases

We’re here to help during these times of uncertainty, and we're doing what we can to help alleviate some of your burdens. Receive a $1,000 COVID Relief Credit on 2018 – 2020 model year pre-owned vehicles. These savings are in addition to our already competitive Schomp ONE PRICE®.

Claim $1,000 Credit

clicking on the claim link is a dead end. You would need to call.
That is interesting since Schomp deals with Subaru, Honda, BMW, etc. I've always found their "one person, one price, one hour" prices to be high even without dealer fees. Maybe this will bring the prices down to a reasonable level. It does seem like good used cars are flying off the lots.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
That is interesting since Schomp deals with Subaru, Honda, BMW, etc. I've always found their "one person, one price, one hour" prices to be high even without dealer fees. Maybe this will bring the prices down to a reasonable level. It does seem like good used cars are flying off the lots.
I do not like buying at dealers with "one price". I am perfectly fine with negotiating a good deal. I would let them bid on sale but I am not willing to give up the negotiation for "convenience".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts