Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I do appreciate the nice warning about low washer fluid, the warning audibly beeps at me while driving every 30 seconds or so. Very annoying! I can't find an easy way to turn this off in the settings, unless I'm missing something. Don't know how to avoid this (besides pulling over and refilling the fluid obviously). Anyone else notice this?

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
lol, just use more washer fluid, and it will stop.

Just an FYI, I am not joking. On mine, when I just hit that range, because of the washer fluid moving around, it would keep doing the "first warning", likely because it thought "oops, low fluid... oh, there's some... oops, low fluid... oh, there's some..."

The reservoir is massive (slightly over a gallon), so, "low fluid" is still quite a bit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yup, either fill it up, or use more, so the warning stays on. That point right when it senses it is low, but only while it is sloshing around, is infuriating. I use more when I get that warning so it just stays on until I can get more for it.

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
This makes me dread running low on fluid. It gets filled up with every oil change so hopefully i'll never get that low! Thanks for the heads up!

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
This makes me dread running low on fluid. It gets filled up with every oil change so hopefully i'll never get that low! Thanks for the heads up!
A few more pulls of the lever, and the first-warning went away, and what was left lasted for another few weeks of use in heavy rain and off-roading. :tango_face_wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts