Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Touring August 28 and received October 28. Had tint, clear bra, and hitch all added at the dealership. Right now at 700 miles. There's a grinding that's coming from the front driver tire area. Been that way since day 1. I'm trying to give it time for the brakes to burn in. People have said it could be heavy amount of road feedback. Keeping my foot on either pedal is uncomfortable due to reverberations coming from them. Very disappointed. Was given a 2018 Outback loaner while my Ascent was being finished and felt the same thing. Is this just the way it is? Anyone else getting the very loud and low rumble?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don’t recall seeing anything on the forums with exactly that combination of noises, and I’m not hearing that on my Premium trim. I think I saw some posts about vibrations, I think it was due to a tire that needed to be re-balanced and re-alignment to be done—but I don’t think that included the grinding noise.

Is it a constant grinding noise when you’re moving? Does it change or get worse when you go faster? Does it go away or change when you apply the brake?

·
Registered
978 Posts
So faulty or failing wheel bearings can generate what’s typically thought of as a noisy tire tread in Subarus. Rare possibility you could have a bad / noisy wheel bearing if you don’t hear it in other Ascents. They don’t fail in a disastrous manner they just get noisy eventually the noise is enough that you know you have an issue. Typically you’ll hear it more when turning one way vs the other way etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts