Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgraded from our Outback to a brand new Ascent Touring earlier this year and really loving the car except for the chrome door handles. Anyone in the Sacramento area with a Crystal White Pearl Ascent (Premium or Limited) that would want to trade for my chrome door handles? Maybe meet at a local dealership and just have them make the switch?

·
Administrator
7,757 Posts
Upgraded from our Outback to a brand new Ascent Touring earlier this year and really loving the car except for the chrome door handles. Anyone in the Sacramento area with a Crystal White Pearl Ascent (Premium or Limited) that would want to trade for my chrome door handles? Maybe meet at a local dealership and just have them make the switch?
People have successfully coated theirs while retaining the touch features.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Additionally, my chrome handle on the driver side is flaking and getting replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I suspect your vehicle is a 2020 but I also assume that there is no difference in the handle parts from a 2019. In any case each handle cover, IF my research is correct is very inexpensive $10). https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2019_Ascent/68012356__7484769/DOOR-PARTS-LATCH--HANDLE-FRONT/W11-607-01.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is a 2019. Got a quote from Subaru, the parts weren't too bad, it was the labor since they said it would take an hour and a half for each door so all together it was over $2k to get the door handles, paint matched and installed.
Just got the handles wrapped as well as the chrome delete then decided to wrap the top too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is a 2019. Got a quote from Subaru, the parts weren't too bad, it was the labor since they said it would take an hour and a half for each door so all together it was over $2k to get the door handles, paint matched and installed.
Just got the handles wrapped as well as the chrome delete then decided to wrap the top too.

View attachment 2255
:love: Love it! You wrapped the top? I need to look into this. I just bought a blue Ascent. Ihad to hold myself back from getting white! I love the two tone !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts