Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ascent
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had her for a few months and a couple thousand kms and I’m really enjoying my Ascent!
-It didn’t take long to get used to the touchy gas pedal, (about two weeks)
-I felt the need to add a few notches in the 3rd row headrests as the factory positions don’t work for kids, whom the row is really intended for? I think this is the only design flaw on this vehicle other than perhaps the intercooler being a bit vulnerable to bug smashes. Oh, and the rear cargo light, why isn’t it up on the hatch? So far the cup holder thing hasn’t been a problem.
-Coming from an 07 Ridgeline I have high expectations from the awd system and so far it seems great. It allows for far more driver input and gives a much more enjoyable driving experience imo.
-The wife and kids are really enjoying it too, haven’t needed to take the pups anywhere in it yet. Wife has only driven it once but immediately felt comfortable. She always felt the Ridgeline was too big. Now the Ascent really isn’t much smaller, but feels WAY smaller to drive. Other than being a bit higher up, it drives much like her Elantra touring in many ways.
-Although similar in weight and power to the Ridgeline, I’m getting about 5mpg better which is great.
-I’m finding having the interior cargo space suits our family much better these days than the truck bed. Having said that, I’m still waiting on my hitch mount bike rack that was supposed to arrive a week after purchase. It keeps getting pushed back. I told them to give me a jacket and some swag to make up for the delay but they’ve not responded...
-I’m so happy I was able to find a vehicle that doesn’t have that stupid stop/start crap. Not what you want in a cold climate, it’s hard enough on starters and batteries here without adding to their workload.
-Also enjoy having things like an actual shift lever and knobs for radio and climate control.
-I don’t know that I’ll ever totally get used to the cold weather moan of the CVT but at least I know it’s a normal sound and not something dying under the hood.
-All things considered, we are very happy with our decision and plan on enjoying our Subaru for years to come.

·
Registered
2021 Ascent Limited Black/Black
379 Posts
Glad you're loving it as much as we're loving ours! And yes, that stupid little light in the back, what the heck is up with that? I upgraded recently to a nice LED bulb at least, which helps a good amount, but why the heck they placed it there instead of above I haven't a guess. I know some people here have installed a light themselves in a better location, but that's more time and effort than I can spare these days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.