Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have the Cobb OTS AP 93 Stage 1 Map installed. With a Burble tune adjustment by Brentuning in Mass. NO COMPLAINTS!! Then installing the nameless midpipe with the muffler delete cmonnnnn sounds like a SRT now. And sheee goesss!!!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I like it, but I can't quite get my head around a boxer motor, with straight pipes, in an suv. I do like the potential stealth factor. I expect to see a modded blue STI with gold wheels and a wing when I hear the exhaust sound.

Do you have any numbers, soft or proven, regarding power and/or performance improvements?

·
Registered
2020 CWP Touring
1,260 Posts
I think it sounds a lot like a Cessna...which probably makes sense...as both use boxer-4 engines with somewhat open exhaust now. :)

A lot of the burble of the original Subarus was tuned out of later models with equal length exhaust manifold piping, but I think the FA24F gives back to the burble a little bit because the manifold piping is no longer equal length...it just pulls the exhaust right into what is basically a big X-pipe, and then sends it forward to the turbo. The turbo attenuates that sound a little bit, but the burble of the "un-timed" exhaust pulses still shows through some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts