Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a brand new 2020 Ascent and curious if anyone else finds the rear ac on the loud side at higher fan speeds. I understand the higher the speed the louder obviously, but it seems to be rather noisy and wondered if this was something anyone else experienced or was something normal as this is my first Subaru / ascent

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,827 Posts
Not normal. Not common. Get it looked at...there may be some scrap of something coming in contact with the fan blades, etc.

·
Registered
774 Posts
At full blast, I notice it, but if you're at highway speeds, or if you have the radio on, it becomes less noticeable. Around town or at a stoplight I definitely notice it if it's about three-quarters or more. You can always turn the fan speed to about 50%, and then it's pretty quiet.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a brand new 2020 Ascent and curious if anyone else finds the rear ac on the loud side at higher fan speeds. I understand the higher the speed the louder obviously, but it seems to be rather noisy and wondered if this was something anyone else experienced or was something normal as this is my first Subaru / ascent
I had to keep turning mine off and on to hear it run. I wasn't thinking any of the rear air came from the front as air volume in front was never less air as I turned up the rear A/C. You must have really good ears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts