Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just made a trip from Greenville SC to Charleston SC and it was about a 4 hour trip (hurricane post evacuation traffic) in steady heavy rain/drizzle. A/C was set on 68* and of course it was very warm and humid out. When unloading, wife noticed water dripping down the passenger side carpet into the floorboard. I felt up under the dash in the center (pretty much right behind the radio) and it was very wet. I pulled my hand out and it was soaked. It was clear, cold water and had no smell. Felt like probably condensation. Has anyone else noticed this? Be on the lookout for this problem. I’m going to call the dealer tomorrow and have them check it out. It’s either condensation from the A/C or a leak from the windshield with all that rain. I’ll report back what the dealer says. Ascent did outstanding on the drive up and back to get my kids. I drove right through the middle of hurricane Florence and the Ascent handled great in the constant rain. I had to turn off the lane correction as it was driving me crazy with the constant nudging on the steering wheel. Otherwise I love it! I have the crystal white pearl limited with ivory leather.

·
Registered
978 Posts
If the Ascent is set up like the Outback there is a small AC drain tube that runs from the ac pan down the side of the transmission tunnel through the floor. If the hose popped loose I could see this exact thing happening. You can probably see the hose its about the same diameter as a pencil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar issue happened to me on a return trip from Orlando to Weston, FL. Tomorrow I expect to take my Ascent to the dealer... (I attach picture showing condensed water at floor blowers)...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If the Ascent is set up like the Outback there is a small AC drain tube that runs from the ac pan down the side of the transmission tunnel through the floor. If the hose popped loose I could see this exact thing happening. You can probably see the hose its about the same diameter as a pencil.
Correct, almost certainly AC condensation drain. Check for a clog.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We had a similar issue at Christmas time last year in Florida. I was riding in the passenger seat with flip flops on when I noticed the water dripping on my feet. I wrote it off as an AC condensation sweat and it hasn’t happened since. No damage to the floor and there wasn’t any clogs in the lines as far as we could tell.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premier
46 Posts
Just had a similar issue yesterday. During our drive back home last evening my wife complained that there was water dripping on her foot and her purse that was on the floor by her feet was also wet.
so I drove the car today to Downtown Subaru here in Toronto and they quickly verified and repaired right away the AC hose that was loose. I was in and out of the dealership in less than half an hour and all is fine now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts