Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to start this but I haven't spent a lot of time trying to diagnose the problem.

On two occasions, I have plugged my phone in after starting my car. I activate Android Auto and begin Google Navigation. THEN....my radio is at full volume and does not respond to the volume controls. My phone is so low I can't hear it or make it louder. I disconnnect everything and the problem persists. Only after turning the car off and letting it sit a while does the volume control return to normal.

I'll try it with my iPhone next, but both phones work perfectly in my other two cars.

Has anyone elese experienced this and found a solution?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same thing happened to me. My symptoms were that the volume reduced and went only to the back speakers. I didn't have to turn off the card, but unplugged, and replugged in the phone and it seemed to work. Pixel 2 w/ Android Auto.:sad:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unplugging the phone didn't work. I even shut off the engine at a stop light and opened my door so everything would be reset. But when I restarted the car, the radio was sill loud and unresponsive to the volume knob or volume down toggle on the steering wheel. It would be easy to blame it on our phones or Andriod Auto, but the same phone and app works everywhere else. I guess this is a dealer question next time I'm in for a free car wash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts