Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to use my navi yesterday & got a "Route calculation unsuccessful" message. In addition, the navi screen is blank except for the position marker. I reset the system but still had the same problem. I tried doing a manual update of my regions but the indicator just sits and spins. I'm going to try re-updating using the latest download but my system is already at the latest so I don't expect that it's going to do it.

Anyone have any ideas before I take it to the dealer?

TIA

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
Remove the regions, restart the unit (long press and hold the volume button until the logo appears), and then reselect and re-download each region with a strong wifi connection.

That usually works.

If it doesn't download them, try improving wifi strength whether by moving closer to the router or temporarily using your phone as a hotspot.

Please let me know how that goes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the regions, restart the unit (long press and hold the volume button until the logo appears), and then reselect and re-download each region with a strong wifi connection.

That usually works.

If it doesn't download them, try improving wifi strength whether by moving closer to the router or temporarily using your phone as a hotspot.

Please let me know how that goes.
Hi Robert,

I have already tried that--no change. I'm currently re-applying the update--it does allow that surprisingly. Should all regions be remove before an update and why would that matter?

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
Hi Robert,

I have already tried that--no change. I'm currently re-applying the update--it does allow that surprisingly. Should all regions be remove before an update and why would that matter?
I remove and reinstall them after to get the newest OTA maps.

Just to confirm, you're doing the firmware update and not the map download update?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remove and reinstall them after to get the newest OTA maps.

Just to confirm, you're doing the firmware update and not the map download update?
I'm doing the Rel_UE.19.25.70 NAFTA re-install. I did not remove any regional maps beforehand. I can & will do that after the update then re-install any regions.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
I'm doing the Rel_UE.19.25.70 NAFTA re-install. I did not remove any regional maps beforehand. I can & will do that after the update then re-install any regions.
That's what I found worked best for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I found worked best for me.
OK, so immediately after re-applying the update the system updated my installed regions & now everything is back to normal! Phew!! Would sure like to know what happened though. I guess with electronics anything is possible.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
OK, so immediately after re-applying the update the system updated my installed regions & now everything is back to normal! Phew!! Would sure like to know what happened though. I guess with electronics anything is possible.
Best I can tell, is if a map download fails during update, the map goes blank and things get wonky. I think it wipes the original and then has nothing (or nothing complete) to install? Not really sure, since I think the wifi updater works a little different than the firmware installer.

You're the second instance I've seen where a firmware re-apply is necessary. Usually, removing the regions and reinstalling works.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Best I can tell, is if a map download fails during update, the map goes blank and things get wonky. I think it wipes the original and then has nothing (or nothing complete) to install? Not really sure, since I think the wifi updater works a little different than the firmware installer.

You're the second instance I've seen where a firmware re-apply is necessary. Usually, removing the regions and reinstalling works.
Just to be clear, I installed the update in August & it was working fine until yesterday. So i have no idea what happened.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Limited
31 Posts
Just to be clear, I installed the update in August & it was working fine until yesterday. So i have no idea what happened.
Same here - installed the update, all seemed to work fine, then later no maps. Fixed by reinstalling maps.

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
Same here - installed the update, all seemed to work fine, then later no maps. Fixed by reinstalling maps.
If you have auto map updates on, it updates when connected to your wifi. An update was probably interrupted.

If you did not have auto region updates on, then, that's really odd.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
yes anything and usually not good, at least not for long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts