Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched high and low for the metal plate with the VIN, load rating, etc. Especially interested in the build date.

I figured, like most autos, it would be on the driver's door jamb.

Nope - this is all there is on the driver's door jamb. There is nothing above or below what is pictured.

Should I contact Subaru/my dealer? Seems like kind of an important "production variance."

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got It!

I beleive it's a black (or body-colored) plaque that is in that general vicinity. It's not exactly in the jamb you pictured, but IIRC it's on the lower B pillar, just around the corner from the stuff in your picture.
Yep, just checked. It's way down low on the pillar- facing outward. Not exactly where I thought it would be.

Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yep, just checked. It's way down low on the pillar- facing outward. Not exactly where I thought it would be.

Thanks.
There is another one in the same location on the passenger B pillar that has different info like: the VIN, Option code, Applied Model, Trim Code, Color Code, Engine Type, and Transmission Type.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.