Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal in life for the moment is to find someone who hates Subaru and wants to sell their ascent cheap.
I am in the Pacific Northwest
Looking for limited or touring
Red or blue
Must be working and no accidents

I won’t pay much but if you hate Subaru I can buy your ascent and you can be done with them forever

The above is all true not BS.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
I don't think that anyone will sell their Ascent cheap, no matter how much they hate them. There's currently a 1-2 month wait for an ordered Ascent, meaning unless someone finds what they want in the limited dealer stock, they're waiting because demand is so high.

With such high demand, I doubt anyone would sell theirs for anything other than top dollar, no matter how much they hated it.

But, good luck to you!.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting how people will pour contempt on Subaru except when they are selling them......

I don't think that anyone will sell their Ascent cheap, no matter how much they hate them. There's currently a 1-2 month wait for an ordered Ascent, meaning unless someone finds what they want in the limited dealer stock, they're waiting because demand is so high.

With such high demand, I doubt anyone would sell theirs for anything other than top dollar, no matter how much they hated it.

But, good luck to you!.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Huh?

Interesting how people will pour contempt on Subaru except when they are selling them......
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accuse me of doing. Can you explain how I'd pour contempt on a brand I truly love that I said was in high demand?

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Well...

I did not mean you, I was referring to many of the comments from other people on this forum site
Well, whether they like it or not, it's gotta be obvious to those few, that tons of other people like it and are waiting in line to get one, so, I'd expect they'd still want to get top dollar.

If you were selling something you didn't like, or didn't want anymore, wouldn't you want as much as you could get for it? I know I would.
:tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do see people all the time trading in their vehicle for absurd low ball dealer pricing.
Those are the prices I would love to pay.

Well, whether they like it or not, it's gotta be obvious to those few, that tons of other people like it and are waiting in line to get one, so, I'd expect they'd still want to get top dollar.

If you were selling something you didn't like, or didn't want anymore, wouldn't you want as much as you could get for it? I know I would.
:tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
684 Posts
I do see people all the time trading in their vehicle for absurd low ball dealer pricing.
Those are the prices I would love to pay.
sure... but trading car to the dealer you know your loan will get paid .. all papers are settled on the spot, and you get tax credit for your next car (state depended )

its not street-forward with the loan on the car and check from a stranger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I buy the ascent from someone in Oregon the tax there is .5 to 1 % so it is not a factor
they could make an additional couple thousand dollars if they sell to me instead of trading it to the dealer

sure... but trading car to the dealer you know your loan will get paid .. all papers are settled on the spot, and you get tax credit for your next car (state depended )

its not street-forward with the loan on the car and check from a stranger

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here are some examples on which I am basing my proposal.
2013, dealer gave me $8,000 for Toyota RAV4, dealer sold it for $16,000. I would have been thrilled to sell it direct at $11,000 which would have saved the buyer $5,000
2017, dealer gave us $10,000 for Mazda6, later sold for $15,000, I would have been thrilled to sell it direct for $13,000 which would have saved the buyer $2,000

I see this happening all the time, so sell your Ascent direct to me and we both come out ahead, especially if you are in Oregon.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
here are some examples on which I am basing my proposal.
2013, dealer gave me $8,000 for Toyota RAV4, dealer sold it for $16,000. I would have been thrilled to sell it direct at $11,000 which would have saved the buyer $5,000
2017, dealer gave us $10,000 for Mazda6, later sold for $15,000, I would have been thrilled to sell it direct for $13,000 which would have saved the buyer $2,000

I see this happening all the time, so sell your Ascent direct to me and we both come out ahead, especially if you are in Oregon.
lol, you sound like a used car salesman. :grin: :tango_face_wink: :smile_big:

Joking aside, comparing resale values across car brands may set incorrect expectations for you, regarding reselling a Subaru. :tango_face_wink:

https://www.autotrader.com/car-shopping/subaru-bmw-take-top-resale-honors-kelley-blue-book-75048

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a 2014 forester and what the dealer is offering is low compared to what they are selling for. So if someone wanted a deal on a forester mine would be a much better deal than going to a dealer

·
Registered
68 Posts
Arizona is fairly interesting. The sales tax is high, 8.5 % but it only applies to the difference between the trade in value, if any, and the new car price, And....the dealers hate this.....there is no sales tax on a private sale. I usually figure what I can realistically sell for, then subtract the sales tax saving, and use that as a trade in value target. For sure the tax savings on a private sale gives you an advantage over a dealer so selling yourself is pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Arizona is fairly interesting. The sales tax is high, 8.5 % but it only applies to the difference between the trade in value, if any, and the new car price, And....the dealers hate this.....there is no sales tax on a private sale. I usually figure what I can realistically sell for, then subtract the sales tax saving, and use that as a trade in value target. For sure the tax savings on a private sale gives you an advantage over a dealer so selling yourself is pretty easy to do.
Yeah, I loved that when I got my Ascent. Traded in 2 cars so paid NO tax on my Ascent! Take that tax man!

Subaru resale is high. Ascents are in demand. I would be very very surprised if you find one "cheap" :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would say the probability is low on getting a great deal

But you will find this expression is popular with the winners of the world

If You Don’t Try, The Result is Always Failure

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would say the probability is low on getting a great deal

But you will find this expression is popular with the winners of the world

If You Don’t Try, The Result is Always Failure
That's the spirit, mate! I can see that the world will be your oyster! Just stay away from any white ones you might find at auction! ;) (inside joke). Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
The biggest challenge right now for anyone interested in a pre-owned Ascent is that aside from the very, very rare "I didn't like it and am going to dump it" owner or a dealer demonstration vehicle being made available (not necessarily considered "used"), the vehicle has barely been on the market a year and most folks keep their ride for at least three years before trading or selling or coming off lease. There are still months to go on the first model year for the Ascent. So...be patient...it's likely going to be a while before something comes up. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,896 Posts
40 might at first seem like a large number, but from a market perspective, it's a tiny fraction of those sold to-date and spread out over a very large geography. But it's certainly worthy of the OP monitoring in case something comes up within a reasonable distance from where he lives. Doubtful for any bargains, however.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.