Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This place has me second guessing!!! Drove one yesterday and I liked it. I am considering a 2019, seems like they are running cheaper but the pool is very thin for the colors and options I am looking at. I think I would feel better about buying a 2020, do we know if the tranny issues have been addressed with the 2020? Any failed 2020 transmissions yet?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,210 Posts
As I and many others have said so many times....you cannot expect a balanced view from an Internet vehicle forum where folks with issues post about them loudly while folks with no issues (the majority) are out driving them. The commentary amplifies things to make it seem like there are lots of problems and "everybody" is having them. Not. True. And that includes the transmission issues you mention. It's also a fallacy that things get "addressed" with the new model year...they get taken care of regardless. Every vehicle model from every manufacturer has issues from time to time.

The bottom line: If you like the Ascent, buy the Ascent.

·
Registered
927 Posts
To repeat what Jim said, most of us have tons of miles on ours with no problems. I just passed 20k miles with 2,000 of that towing a lot of weight with no problems.

Another thread mentioned the discounts on the 2019 weren't very large so unless you got a great deal or wanted one off the lot, I'd just go for a 2020.

I think most (all?) of the tranny issues were due to 1 bad batch last September.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim & Kevin,

Thanks for chiming in, yeah I know a lot of people are here to complain. I was just unaware it was an issue. It is seeming that I could get a 2019 for about $1,000 less for a similar optioned 2020.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,210 Posts
If you can find a MY19 with the trim, color and options you want then it could be a reasonable choice if the dealer is willing to sell it for less and you're not wanting one or more of the few new features on MY20. But MY19 is out of production and MY20 orders are already delivering.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jim & Kevin,

Thanks for chiming in, yeah I know a lot of people are here to complain. I was just unaware it was an issue. It is seeming that I could get a 2019 for about $1,000 less for a similar optioned 2020.
I ordered and bought my 2020 Touring for $200 out the door less than, the 2019 I had ordered. Same option everything except new options on 2020, Folding mirrors. I love mine had it 1 week and 684 miles.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As I and many others have said so many times....you cannot expect a balanced view from an Internet vehicle forum where folks with issues post about them loudly while folks with no issues (the majority) are out driving them. The commentary amplifies things to make it seem like there are lots of problems and "everybody" is having them. Not. True. And that includes the transmission issues you mention. It's also a fallacy that things get "addressed" with the new model year...they get taken care of regardless. Every vehicle model from every manufacturer has issues from time to time.

The bottom line: If you like the Ascent, buy the Ascent.
I think this holds true about all social media. you have 10% doing 90% of the talking. It gives off a very skewed perception of reality.

Agree, If you like the car buy the car. however... I did buy a new style Jeep Cherokee a few years back and had to get rid of it a year into it because of the transmission... (n) AAAAAND, that's why we are on our 3rd Subaru! (y):LOL:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts