Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I would like to purchase an ascent in the next year or so. I have not actually gone to the dealer to look at them but have had subarus before (legacy, outback and forester). Curious how easy it is to get in and out of (height) for older folks. We are caretakers for my inlaws and need a vehicle that they can get in and out of easily. When we are ready to buy, we will take them to test it out but wondering what people's experience with this has been.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Hi, I would like to purchase an ascent in the next year or so. I have not actually gone to the dealer to look at them but have had subarus before (legacy, outback and forester). Curious how easy it is to get in and out of (height) for older folks. We are caretakers for my inlaws and need a vehicle that they can get in and out of easily. When we are ready to buy, we will take them to test it out but wondering what people's experience with this has been.

Thanks.
It's pretty easy, but varying heights and mobility may make that different for everyone. I definitely suggest checking one out in person.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I traded a 2014 Cadillac CTS for the Ascent. My 75 YO in-laws had a difficult time getting in and out of the Caddy. They have no problem getting in and out of the Subaru. The doors open very wide. They don't feel like they are climbing up to get in.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,215 Posts
One of the major advantages to me with moving to the Ascent from the (excellent) Grand Cherokee I had been driving for 7 years was the much lower step-in height. That's more comfortable for my (vertically challenged, 60 yo spouse) as well as for when I occasionally visit my 89 yo mother like I am in a few weeks. The Ascent still provides decent ground clearance and I personally find all of the seating positions in the first and second row very comfortable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts