Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All:

We are planning to purchase a seven passenger Ascent Limited, and I would like to tap your collective wisdom.

Typically, I will ask less than 10 geographically diverse dealers to give me an "out the door price" on a vehicle with specific packages and accessories. After receiving the quoted price, I will then go to the two low bidders for the final round. It is a two round process with no grind. Low price provider wins. I disclose what I am doing up front.

Factors:

- The Ascent can be from on the lot, or a factory order.

- I am not geographically limited. I work in the travel industry, so I can get to wherever for free.

- While I am in no hurry, I can purchase by the end of the month.

- I also do not mind donating to an organization to access VIP pricing if that is a better method.

From reading here, Heuberger and Berman come up. Can you all recommend any other dealers or contacts who aggressively price the Ascent?

Thank you for your assistance.

nT

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi All:

We are planning to purchase a seven passenger Ascent Limited, and I would like to tap your collective wisdom.

Typically, I will ask less than 10 geographically diverse dealers to give me an "out the door price" on a vehicle with specific packages and accessories. After receiving the quoted price, I will then go to the two low bidders for the final round. It is a two round process with no grind. Low price provider wins. I disclose what I am doing up front.

Factors:

- The Ascent can be from on the lot, or a factory order.

- I am not geographically limited. I work in the travel industry, so I can get to wherever for free.

- While I am in no hurry, I can purchase by the end of the month.

- I also do not mind donating to an organization to access VIP pricing if that is a better method.

From reading here, Heuberger and Berman come up. Can you all recommend any other dealers or contacts who aggressively price the Ascent?

Thank you for your assistance.

nT
Your best bet is to donate $500 to the ASPCA and get the Subaru VIP discount. That will give you 2% below dealer invoice pricing and you'll be on your way. Nobody will be beating that price.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Your best bet is to donate $500 to the ASPCA and get the Subaru VIP discount. That will give you 2% below dealer invoice pricing and you'll be on your way. Nobody will be beating that price.
Not really, beating that price is actually pretty easy and happens all the time on non-Ascent Subarus. Its just most won't on a car that they can barely keep in stock.

But I do agree that it will be the easiest route for getting a very, very good price at a dealership that is close to you that you trust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.