Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I placed our preorder the end of May for a CWP Limited, with no add-ons. I've been lurking the forums for a while, and I feel like I might have been somewhat taken advantage of. The Purchase information worksheet from our sales guy listed the Purchase Price is listed at $40,970, with the Total purchase payment of $43,929.14. We did our $1000 down, I will be using a $500 ambassador coupon, and have secured a $500 loyalty coupon from Subaru of America. We are trading in our 2015 Forester Touring (48k miles, apprised in May for $18,500 from dealer, GTP from mysubaru app says 18,275 currently). We will also be using roughly $10k cash and have gotten approved for a pretty good rate from my credit union (2.59% @84mo). I just want to make sure that the price isn't as high as I'm starting to feel. From what I've seen on Edmunds a CWP Limited should be 38,995 for MSRP. It's my first "New" vehicle, and I don't want to be taken advantage of. Can MSRP vary from state to state, I'm located in NC, close to the SC state line, so I have 5 dealerships within a reasonable distance if they are gouging my price. The Purchase Information Worksheet my sales guy had me sign never had me "negotiate" prices, and I was never given a copy of paperwork from him. I've reached out via email a few times, and have only gotten one response. Subaru of America today said the preorder is still saying middle of August delivery date.
Sorry for a long post, just wanting reassurance if the purchase price is good, or if I should get my deposit back (and if so how to go about it).

Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
My wife and I placed our preorder the end of May for a CWP Limited, with no add-ons. I've been lurking the forums for a while, and I feel like I might have been somewhat taken advantage of. The Purchase information worksheet from our sales guy listed the Purchase Price is listed at $40,970, with the Total purchase payment of $43,929.14. We did our $1000 down, I will be using a $500 ambassador coupon, and have secured a $500 loyalty coupon from Subaru of America. We are trading in our 2015 Forester Touring (48k miles, apprised in May for $18,500 from dealer, GTP from mysubaru app says 18,275 currently). We will also be using roughly $10k cash and have gotten approved for a pretty good rate from my credit union (2.59% @84mo). I just want to make sure that the price isn't as high as I'm starting to feel. From what I've seen on Edmunds a CWP Limited should be 38,995 for MSRP. It's my first "New" vehicle, and I don't want to be taken advantage of. Can MSRP vary from state to state, I'm located in NC, close to the SC state line, so I have 5 dealerships within a reasonable distance if they are gouging my price. The Purchase Information Worksheet my sales guy had me sign never had me "negotiate" prices, and I was never given a copy of paperwork from him. I've reached out via email a few times, and have only gotten one response. Subaru of America today said the preorder is still saying middle of August delivery date.
Sorry for a long post, just wanting reassurance if the purchase price is good, or if I should get my deposit back (and if so how to go about it).

Thanks
Your price is more than I paid for my Limited with package 23 ($2300 or so) hitch (500) and a couple other accessories.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Invoice (incl destination) for a limited with no options should be $37389 (I think). MSRP (incl. destination) for that build should be about $39970. Your purchase price seems to be a bit above MSRP, however for this time period and how “hot” the car is, plus your local market, that might be ok (although I would personally look around and see if others can do better and then go back to your dealer to see if they will renegotiate). For example, in SoCal many dealers Seem to be marking up the price $4-5k above MSRP right now. At the very least, try to get their purchase price down to MSRP as a starting point.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My Limited Pre Order MSRP based pricing was $43,500 which included NAV/MR/AND HK Stereo package. I also added the hitch which was $500 MSRP as well. I have not picked up my vehicle as of yet but Costco pricing was promised and written into the order by the dealer at the time we put the deposit down ($1000.00)

·
Registered
144 Posts

Thanks
It seems they tacked on your deposit onto the MSRP of the base Limited with no options. MSRP including the destination fee is $39,970 and invoice is $37,389. This is the site I use to research pricing on everything: https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2019/Subaru/Ascent/2-4T-Limited-8-Passenger/Pricing

I would start reaching out to find out if you can get a better price. Do you happen to know if your insurance company participates in TrueCar pricing (Allstate does - it's what I have)? Or can you find out if you can get Costco pricing somewhere?

·
Registered
411 Posts
we were given $41,500 for our limited (see signature) not including tax, license and fees; so about $45k out the door is what we are told. everywhere else was closer to $47-48k out the door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts