Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just purchased a 2020 Ascent and we're looking for accessories to keep it clean inside and were wondering if anyone knows if there is a shift boot out there that fits this vehicle? On the subarupartspros website, they only have shift boots for the Impreza, Crosstrek and Forester and I couldn't find anything on ebay, amazon, or the Subaru site. Any ideas??

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Doesn’t seem like it, I looked around for a different reason (the shifter in the ascent looks old fashioned to me - Any way to replace the gear shifter trim?) but I never got the answer I was hoping for. It must have something to do with the shape of the shifter trim and where the letters show that maybe wrapping it in leather would look funny or not provide enough visibility for the letters.

I bet an upholstery shop might be able to make something custom with leather, but then again it might look funny. All the OEM boots I have seen have plenty of space between the shifter and the letters.

if you (or anybody)do end up finding something or doing something custom please post a picture of it.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Since the dash already displays the gear letters we wouldn’t be losing much by covering them up or removing them by the shifter. I wouldn’t be letting someone drive my car if they couldn’t put it in drive without looking down!
I would be interested to see someone fabricate some trim and or leather for our gear shift.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Maybe when the Ascent gets its mid-cycle refresh there will be a new shifter? I'm hoping for some bolt-on updates from the refreshed version that I can install on my 2019, just for fun. The current Forester has a nice looking shift boot.

This video shows how it can be done on the slightly older Imprezza/Crosstrek/Foresters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts