Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI, the Long Range Remote Engine Start option most definitely has a few more components than just the long range keyfob. There is also the "remote engine start control unit" and an additional harness in the kit designated for the Ascent. I'm slowly grabbing bits and pieces of the maintenance and accessory install manuals as I can find them, and I ran into that little bit of information.

So, if you want the Mega-FOB remote start accessory, no, it's not just a keyfob, and yes, there will be extra components your dealer will be installing.

I have no idea how that affects previous models' "super secret button press remote start from the regular key with unlock fob" setup (no clue if it uses the same remote engine start control unit or not).

·
Registered
965 Posts
Just an FYI, the Long Range Remote Engine Start option most definitely has a few more components than just the long range keyfob. There is also the "remote engine start control unit" and an additional harness in the kit designated for the Ascent. I'm slowly grabbing bits and pieces of the maintenance and accessory install manuals as I can find them, and I ran into that little bit of information.

So, if you want the Mega-FOB remote start accessory, no, it's not just a keyfob, and yes, there will be extra components your dealer will be installing.

I have no idea how that affects previous models' "super secret button press remote start from the regular key with unlock fob" setup (no clue if it uses the same remote engine start control unit or not).
There was always the other antenna / receiver that goes up in the corner of the windshield on the inside, and plugs into the wiring harness just inside the headliner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts