Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've owned many newer Subaru's and they all have beeped after closing the doors when locking them with the switch inside the door. The Ascent doesn't seem to do that and I haven't found a setting to turn it on. It'll beep if you use the key fob or touch pad on the door handle. But not if you lock your doors as you exit.
I really preferred the positive indication that the doors were locked of the other Subaru models. And to me the point of key-less entry and push button start is that you never have to take the key fob out of your pocket.
Yes as I hit the lock button on the inside of the door I can hear and see the locks, locking. But it's just something I'm missing after closing the door that positive indication that the doors are locked.
Is this everyone else's experience? Did I miss a particular setting for this positive door lock indication? Or perhaps a Subaru oversight?

·
Registered
116 Posts
So I've owned many newer Subaru's and they all have beeped after closing the doors when locking them with the switch inside the door. The Ascent doesn't seem to do that and I haven't found a setting to turn it on. It'll beep if you use the key fob or touch pad on the door handle. But not if you lock your doors as you exit.
I really preferred the positive indication that the doors were locked of the other Subaru models. And to me the point of key-less entry and push button start is that you never have to take the key fob out of your pocket.
Yes as I hit the lock button on the inside of the door I can hear and see the locks, locking. But it's just something I'm missing after closing the door that positive indication that the doors are locked.
Is this everyone else's experience? Did I miss a particular setting for this positive door lock indication? Or perhaps a Subaru oversight?
Just checked my Ascent and found that it does not beep as James B. posted when locking the doors with the inside door switch. I was locking my doors using that method (since I was used to doing it in this manner on our Outback and Forester which did not have keyless entry), but now I prefer to lock the doors on the Ascent using the touch pad on the door handle as this is more convenient to reach and the car beeps to indicate the doors are locked -- you do not have to take the key fob out of your pocket when locking with the door handle touch pad.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have found through the years that no one ever locks the keys in the car if you always use the fob or touch the outside door handle to lock the car. I have also found that it is rather common to lock the keys in the car when using the lock button on the inside of the car. Like IndySubieFan said it is easy to lock by touching the lock spot on the door handle from the outside.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,180 Posts
Mine beeps if I lock with the fob and press it three times... ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have found through the years that no one ever locks the keys in the car if you always use the fob or touch the outside door handle to lock the car. I have also found that it is rather common to lock the keys in the car when using the lock button on the inside of the car. Like IndySubieFan said it is easy to lock by touching the lock spot on the door handle from the outside.
If you locked the fob inside the car, wouldn't it unlock just by grabbing the handle because of the proximity?

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
If you locked the fob inside the car, wouldn't it unlock just by grabbing the handle because of the proximity?
No, because the wrong antenna detects it.

Instead, it shouldn't let you lock it in the car at all, and will beep and warn - unless you're in the car with it.

Or, unless it's in the door pocket near the outside sensing antenna and the car confuses it with being outside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You CAN'T lock the doors with keyless fob if it is inside the vehicle.

It's a PITA tonnot hear the lock beeps when you lock the door and close it. It's stupid Subaru didn't set this feature like less expensive models.

A $44k car should do it all.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
You CAN'T lock the doors with keyless fob if it is inside the vehicle.

It's a PITA tonnot hear the lock beeps when you lock the door and close it. It's stupid Subaru didn't set this feature like less expensive models.

A $44k car should do it all.
I can hear mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts