Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Subaru Ascent. When I first had the car I had the local weather showed on my center top display. A few days later this is no longer showing. Instead of the usual 9 position settings, there are now 8. I am guessing that I somehow managed to disable this feature. I have no idea on how to get it back. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
SiriusXM All Access package is a trial. I believe that's where weather comes from. US owners get a 3-year subscription to SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link services, and a 3 or 4 month subscription to All Access, which includes "NavWeather".

·
Registered
2021 ascent
27 Posts
Now im going to take a look as my sat radio trial just ran out, i thought the temp was part of the car? not the sat service?I drive my corolla to work so maybe i just did not notice the last time i was in it.

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
Hiya, here's the breakdown:
(thanks everyone who contributed some of the photos below)
  • The temperature display that is NOT a part of the on-radio display is a part of the car and uses the external temperature sensor. This can be seen on the color MFD in the top right, labeled "OUT TEMP", and on the LCD display in the temp box.

• The weather display (which includes temperature) is part of SXM, and does not use the car's temperature sensor. The "OUT TEMP" number remains from the car's sensor.

• The weather display in any of the head unit's software (eg: anything not Android Auto and not Carplay) is also from Sirius XM.

• The temperature display on the top right of the Android Auto screen is neither from the car sensor, nor from SXM - it is from Google's Weather (currently powered by weather dot com). If you do not see the temperature (like in this image), go into Android Auto settings and turn it on (open the app launcher in the car, tap on Settings, then unlock your phone to find the Weather toggle).

• Carplay temps should be similarly being served by Apple, and not by SXM or the car's temp sensor. IIRC, they require a third party app that works in Carplay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts