Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching some youtube videos on the Ascent and I noticed the small screen above the Radio display shows a lot more data and information for the LImited version than for my Premium version. Example is X-Mode. On limited in X-mode, the display shows degree angles and such. Mine doesn't. I get odo, mpg and miles until empty. Am I missing something or does the Premium get a limited version of what that screen provides the Limited version?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Checking photos, the button just left of emergency flasher button on my Premium is one button; ENTER. On the Limited it's got a left, enter, right 3 buttons.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If I recall correctly - the base and base premium come with a more basic 2nd display. higher trims have a color display with the ability to customize the display. From the sounds of it, yours has the more basic display on top.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
Here's the list of screens available for the Color Mult Function Display on the Limited and Tiring trims:

Here are the list of possible options for the Favorites screen:

·
Registered
225 Posts
What does everyone mainly display on that screen?
We have it set to show the DATE, 3hr Weather, and 6hr Weather.
Also, added notifications to pop up for all our birthdays and our wedding anniversary. It will display these a few days before at start up and then on the day of at start up.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
I currently keep the Instant Fuel consumption, Accelerator Percentage and 3hr Weather on my Favorites screen but change them around all the time for variety.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THAT is a LOAD OF CRAP!
I had all that stuff on my 2015 Forester Premium. Why, 4 years later AND on their most appointed model, would they take away the ability that allows me to see how the safety features are performing??!! I can understand maybe the fru-fru stuff, like setting important date reminders like birthdays and such, although those are available on my 2015 Forester, but DUDE... my safety features? How the hell am I supposed to tell when and how things are working when, say, I put the car in X-Mode, loose traction, start overheating while towing so I can back off?
Who ever made the decision that all that information was privileged and held out for bigger bucks made a bad one. At least, for crying out loud, make it a freaking option!!! No where in any literature does it say this is only on the Limited and Touring models. No place.
I am pissed.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I like to cycle the diplays fairly frequently, but I'd say I use the media display the most so I don't have to use split screen mode in CarPlay - media on the upper display and maps on the main screen. I like the 3 favorites display also, which I have set to accel % / instantaneous MPG / oil temp. I wish a boost gauge was one of the choices. When I'm getting lower on fuel, I like to use the MPG display with miles until empty. I prefer it to using the tiny screen between the gauges because I always keep that as a digital speedo. The steering wheel blocks the top edge of the dial speedo the way I sit.

This actually was a factor when I purchased this car. I didn't like that the Premium had all the space for the MFD, but was only occupied by the 'microwave clock' display. I was tired of looking at that in my old Outback and always wondered why the less expensive Forester had an MFD. The Limited trim without any option packages hit that sweet spot for me.

·
Registered
731 Posts
SO wish a boost gauge was one of them!

So how do I get my weather to show the correct area? It shows New York. I’m in CO.
The manual shows it is tied to SiriusXM on the non-Nav head unit?
I think I’ve activated my trial SXM subscription correctly, yet my stupid weather widget still shows New York.

·
Registered
377 Posts
What does everyone mainly display on that screen?
We have it set to show the DATE, 3hr Weather, and 6hr Weather.
Also, added notifications to pop up for all our birthdays and our wedding anniversary. It will display these a few days before at start up and then on the day of at start up.
When using CarPlay for Waze, I put the radio info up there.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited
800 Posts
So how do I get my weather to show the correct area? It shows New York. I’m in CO.
The manual shows it is tied to SiriusXM on the non-Nav head unit?
I think I’ve activated my trial SXM subscription correctly, yet my stupid weather widget still shows New York.
In the Travel Link App, Weather tab, set city to Current Location. Putting in a city name got goofed up in the latest update but Current Location works. Hopefully that will get fixed soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts