Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please use the link in the next post to update a spreadsheet with information on any transmission problems you have experienced, along with the dealer's resolution, so we can see how many problems exist and if there is any commonality. Thanks!

Many thanks to pcj!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Form looks perfect. Thanks!

I don’t have a transmission problem, but how/where does one see the submitted entries?

·
Registered
600 Posts
You’re welcome! It’s like it don’t really bother you, until it becomes you... haha! I love this car though, just want it fixed! I have no doubt Subaru will take care of it!
One never knows if they will have a issue but hopefully we can get as many people as possible to put their data in and see if we can come up with a build date or trim that seems to have transmission issues. Perhaps it will make Subaru stand up and take notice. Recall anybody?

·
Registered
647 Posts
One never knows if they will have a issue but hopefully we can get as many people as possible to put their data in and see if we can come up with a build date or trim that seems to have transmission issues. Perhaps it will make Subaru stand up and take notice. Recall anybody?
Subaru has more data than we could ever wish for and is already taking note. If there is a need for a recall I'm 110% sure there will be one.

·
Super Moderator
4,548 Posts
Passed it on to SoA...

I've passed on a link to the spreadsheet to SoA. Please keep populating it if you have any issues.

BUT, most importantly, please remember the following:
  1. Only video record the dash/issue if you can safely and legally do so - and, if you can safely and legally do so, then by all means! The more info the better!
  2. Make sure you report it to your dealership. The dealerships collect, aggregate and report the information to SoA.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've passed on a link to the spreadsheet to SoA. Please keep populating it if you have any issues.

BUT, most importantly, please remember the following:
  1. Only video record the dash/issue if you can safely and legally do so - and, if you can safely and legally do so, then by all means! The more info the better!
  2. Make sure you report it to your dealership. The dealerships collect, aggregate and report the information to SoA.
Keep us updated if they tell you anything!

·
Super Moderator
4,548 Posts
Chatted with SoA...

Subaru of America's Product Management Team will be reviewing the spreadsheet, and if suitable, they'll probably be following along for updates. Keep in mind that they're aggregating FAR more data from the dealerships, so, they also reiterate that you all ensure that you report any and all concerns about the CVT, as well as the Ascent in general, to your favorite local dealership's service center so that the data is properly recorded in their systems.

The more data and information that you can SAFELY gather (eg: don't videotape the speedometer while you're doing 60 on the highway) the better. Deliver that to your dealership, and, where you think it appropriate (after having spoken to your local service center), directly to SoA.

And again, if, at any time, you feel that Subaru of America (who does not own the dealerships) should be directly and specifically aware of your problems or concerns, you should directly reach out to them. Keep in mind, they're looking at aggregate data and at specific individual data points, which do NOT show whether or not a customer is happy with the way a dealership is handling an issue. Alas, that part is up to you to communicate directly with SoA.

On that note, if your dealership knocked it out of the park, don't hesitate to contact SoA to let them know that as well. Sometimes we forget to pass on the positive remarks, and only do so with the negatives.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Subaru has more data than we could ever wish for and is already taking note. If there is a need for a recall I'm 110% sure there will be one.
That's something i like about Subaru is they seem to own up is faster than other manufactures, but I think just like any other manufactures they do a cost/benefit analysis for any major recall decision, but i'm not trusting any manufacture 110% that they have my or my family's best interests. You're kidding yourself if you do.

Had a Toyota Avalon in which the lever that controls the angle and distance of the steering wheel would loosen up after so many miles or so many bumps and it would be easier to lose control of the vehicle if someone wasn't expecting it....dealer nor Toyota would budge on accepting this fault, the cost of replacing the whole steering column was too high to warrant pleasing one customer or 1,000 customers. I was not the only one with this issue and it was a safety issue. Toyota knew nobody died yet and probably wouldn't die, but i wasn't taking that risk with my family and got rid of it shortly after.

·
Registered
647 Posts
That's something i like about Subaru is they seem to own up is faster than other manufactures, but I think just like any other manufactures they do a cost/benefit analysis for any major recall decision, but i'm not trusting any manufacture 110% that they have my or my family's best interests. You're kidding yourself if you do.

Had a Toyota Avalon in which the lever that controls the angle and distance of the steering wheel would loosen up after so many miles or so many bumps and it would be easier to lose control of the vehicle if someone wasn't expecting it....dealer nor Toyota would budge on accepting this fault, the cost of replacing the whole steering column was too high to warrant pleasing one customer or 1,000 customers. I was not the only one with this issue and it was a safety issue. Toyota knew nobody died yet and probably wouldn't die, but i wasn't taking that risk with my family and got rid of it shortly after.
I'm not sure where you're headed with this. Your phrasing makes it seem like you'd be better off just selling your cars and walking everywhere. I mean sure, I wouldn't give my kids to Subaru to raise but when I look at vehicles I'm going to pick the one that I think will keep them safest. I never said I was 110% sure they had my best interests in mind; just that if there is a need for a recall they'll jump on it. However, based on their actions, their interests seem to be inline with keeping their customers safe so they keep coming back to buy more. They've jumped on several thing pretty quickly that leads to that conclusion.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm not sure where you're headed with this. Your phrasing makes it seem like you'd be better off just selling your cars and walking everywhere. I mean sure, I wouldn't give my kids to Subaru to raise but when I look at vehicles I'm going to pick the one that I think will keep them safest. I never said I was 110% sure they had my best interests in mind; just that if there is a need for a recall they'll jump on it. However, based on their actions, their interests seem to be inline with keeping their customers safe so they keep coming back to buy more. They've jumped on several thing pretty quickly that leads to that conclusion.
Just saying their real interest or it should be at least is 1st and foremost to keep the company running and profitable, just like any well run company. Can't make a whole lot of profit pleasing everyone or acting out of fear. Most car companies only issue a recall if they know NHTSA is going to mandate it....it's better to voluntary do it they have it mandated.

They advertise "Love" and an image of safety so i would hope they would try their best to uphold that for the sake of the Fuji shareholders.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
About this Discussion
104 Replies
38 Participants
Seattle
Subaru Ascent Forum
Ascent Forums, The Largest 2017 and newer Subaru Ascent community & owners club. Tech discussions, turbo & tuning and more.
Full Forum Listing