Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Limited today. Wanted to post some pics but had to take a motorcycle trip with my wife. I'll pay some pics of it tomorrow on my return!

The only thing I miss about my wrx cvt was the boost. After having a 2018 Outback, the boost is back and I love it!

Feel free to ask questions. I do wish I could have had 8 passengers with cooled seats, rain sensing wipers and ambient lightning. That's the 3 I really wanted. Oh well.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Picked up my Limited today. Wanted to post some pics but had to take a motorcycle trip with my wife. I'll pay some pics of it tomorrow on my return!

The only thing I miss about my wrx cvt was the boost. After having a 2018 Outback, the boost is back and I love it!

Feel free to ask questions. I do wish I could have had 8 passengers with cooled seats, rain sensing wipers and ambient lightning. That's the 3 I really wanted. Oh well.

Nice to hear of a Limited 23 getting delivered! Making me excited. Congrats!

Reactions: hallfleming

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the save color as you and popular pack 2 with the towing, 3rd row shades and rear seat cover. Everyone including the general manager agreed it's the best color. You'll love it!

Nice to hear of a Limited 23 getting delivered! Making me excited. Congrats!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got the save color as you and popular pack 2 with the towing, 3rd row shades and rear seat cover. Everyone including the general manager agreed it's the best color. You'll love it!
In other words you have my car! If I wasn't so far away, I'd stop by...to spend the night in it.:smile:

·
Registered
156 Posts
They don't. We have them in our Ford Transit and I love them. Only available in the touring.
Yeah.. went and actually looked like I should have before I posted. Oh well. Just give me my Limited in July and I'll be happy :smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got the news, our Ascent just arrived at the dealer. We ordered a Tungsten Limited with Package 23. Going to pick it up on Thursday as that's when the Thule Extended Cross bars will be in. We have a road trip to Indiana on Friday, so timing could not have been better. I was starting to get pretty anxious, as I didn't want to put more miles on our leased Outback.

For those of you trying make sense of the shipping process, we are located in Northern Ohio and ordered February 27th.

·
Registered
542 Posts

Is the power pretty linear? Or is it dead then you feet the boost?

This will be my first boosted vehicle. Have had v8’s mostly

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just got the news, our Ascent just arrived at the dealer. We ordered a Tungsten Limited with Package 23. Going to pick it up on Thursday as that's when the Thule Extended Cross bars will be in. We have a road trip to Indiana on Friday, so timing could not have been better. I was starting to get pretty anxious, as I didn't want to put more miles on our leased Outback.

For those of you trying make sense of the shipping process, we are located in Northern Ohio and ordered February 27th.
Congrats. If you can please share a photo or two :) I ordered the Tungsten Limited as well. They are a rare site out in the wild (Youtube, etc). I have seen one in a video on Youtube

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I wouldn't say it's dead and then boost. Turbo 4's do feel different than a natural V8. You'll have to learn to tip in the throttle differently. No bad. I do think this thing hits full torque at like 2000 rpm. It pulls really well once it's rolling. Especially like highway over takes. I was shocked how well it did considering it's girth.

One other thing I've noticed is what I think is compressor surge on mid throttle or high load with light throttle tip ins. Kinda feels like a shutter for the easiest way of describing it. Betting Subaru re-maps that out at some point which will stink because they'll probably advance timing, fuel and pull boost. I don't mind but 80% of people from non-turbo cars won't like it.

Is the power pretty linear? Or is it dead then you feet the boost?

This will be my first boosted vehicle. Have had v8’s mostly

·
Registered
234 Posts
Post what angles or views you want and I'll do so!
Thanks!!

I guess more so the exterior full body shot. Just trying to get a feel for the color. The images on Subarus website seem to maybe appear a bit darker in my eyes.

If you have the Captains Chairs if you could take a pic of the back of the seats as well.

Anything you feel will make me more anxious than I already am LOL.

Thanks in advance !!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Post what angles or views you want and I'll do so!

Congrats. If you can please share a photo or two /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif I ordered the Tungsten Limited as well. They are a rare site out in the wild (Youtube, etc). I have seen one in a video on Youtube
How bout some undercarriage, suspension, etc ? Curious if it has aluminum suspension components, how thick the axle/swaybar is, skid plates, drive train, etc ? thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hopefully this will give you an idea on the color in the shade and direct sunlight. It was cool to see the CVT cooler through the front grill. I wanted one of those for my CVT WRX when I had it. It was a JDM standard on the WRX's that came with more horespower than the US cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hopefully this will give you an idea on the color in the shade and direct sunlight. It was cool to see the CVT cooler through the front grill. I wanted one of those for my CVT WRX when I had it. It was a JDM standard on the WRX's that came with more horespower than the US cars.

@hallfleming Thanks for the pics. Truly appreciate it. Car looks great !!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts