Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m pricing out a 2021 Ascent and have a few questions.
Yes I know that this almost like beating a dead horse as it has been discussed at length.

The Limited with the package containing nicer stereo with nav, moon roof, cargo cover is 43,595
The Touring is 46,495
Thats 2,900 dollars for power folding mirrors, fancy rear mirror with camera and a 180º front camera.

There‘s gotta be more to it? Right? Rain sensing wipers?
Seems a bit steep for a few more visual bling and little when it comes to substance. Very unlike Subaru.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
340 Posts
The 180° front camera in the '20 is meh. Does the '21 keep the front camera on for any longer than the '20? When shifting from reverse to drive it turns on for about 7 seconds. Useless amount of time for maneuvering out of my garage so I have to press the view button to turn it back on for maneuvering around the other cars in my driveway. The view button only turns it on for maybe 15 seconds. These short time outs make it much less useful than it should be.

The smart mirror doesn't thrill me. I'm far sighted and the mirror view is blurry for a second when shifting from looking ahead to glancing in the mirror. This is a "me" issue, not the mirror but you might have the same problem if you use reading glasses or bifocals.

The folding mirrors I've used once just to see them work. Folding the mirrors defeats the purpose of the lighting behind the mirror which only provides useful illumination when the mirrors are extended.

If you want to spend less, go for the limited since they have the good headlights that only the touring had previously. Turns out the headlights were the most significant reason for buying the Touring.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
2,311 Posts
My Touring has rain sensing wipers which I prefer. Ventilated seats is another add as well as the unique Java interior color. (Black is now available for MY21 is someone really has to have that...not me, for sure). There should be a table on the Subaru website that you can scan down to note the differences. But if you don't need those few things that are only available on the Touring, the Limited loaded out is a very nice vehicle.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Touring has rain sensing wipers which I prefer. ..... There should be a table on the Subaru website that you can scan down to note the differences.
I did look for that table on Subaru site but the rain sensing wipers are not listed at all for any of the trim. Maybe I’m not just looking in right spot.

yeah, I’m still on the fence on the almost $3K cameras... if it would have been a real full 360 camera system it would make sense.

·
Registered
'21 Ascent Limited
1 Posts
I did look for that table on Subaru site but the rain sensing wipers are not listed at all for any of the trim. Maybe I’m not just looking in right spot.

yeah, I’m still on the fence on the almost $3K cameras... if it would have been a real full 360 camera system it would make sense.
I saw it there yesterday, but you are right. It’s gone now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I compared too, as I really wanted the vent seats since I live in Phx. I wanted the seats and the front camera, but ultimately decided to go with the limited.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Table is here, but yes, I didn't see the rain sensing wipers on it for some reason. Get the brochure from your local dealer. The table in there should be more comprehensive. The 2021 Subaru Ascent.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I compared too, as I really wanted the vent seats since I live in Phx. I wanted the seats and the front camera, but ultimately decided to go with the limited.
same here,
we started looking to update our SUV and option (1) on my wife's list was vented seats , option (2) keyless /push start , and (3) AWD ... , for me it was (1) AWD (2) automatic lights (3) CarPlay

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aaaaaaand it fell thru. My dealer cant seem to find a Bronze anywhere before the new 0.0APR closes. Options are now Red with black interior :( or Magnatite grey ....

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
340 Posts
Aaaaaaand it fell thru. My dealer cant seem to find a Bronze anywhere before the new 0.0APR closes. Options are now Red with black interior :( or Magnatite grey ....
I forget what the 2020 bronze was named but that was the color I wanted. There weren't any to be found and the factory was in covid shut down, so no factory orders. Took a white because it was the only color we found acceptable with the touring brown interior. Why don't you order?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had to settle for a Red one. Don’t really care for the black leather as it gets hot and it makes the interior very dark.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Had to settle for a Red one. Don’t really care for the black leather as it gets hot and it makes the interior very dark.
The black interior would have been a deal stopper for me, even if they lowered the price further. ... but that's me. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts