1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
What brand did you go with?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently did the led interior upgrade. Anyone else have a problem with the center console courtesy light on the rear? I think my mod worked out perfectly; however, cant figure out why Subaru would put an led light there, then cover it with an orange light diffuser??? I drilled out the center of the light diffuser and used a file to make the hole perfect. The led light now shines through with no "color" change and matches the rest of the interior perfectly.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks awesome!! Do you have them all wired together or do you have them on separate switchs. Would like to see more picture of your set up or even a write up on materials used and how you installed.

·
Super Moderator
2,431 Posts
Along with the install questions, and this may have been asked before, but what’s the best route to take to get thru the firewall for wiring switches?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Added lightbars
Awesome! How did you mount and wire the roof lights? Would you mind sharing the specs of what brand/model you went with? Last question (sorry) what fuse # did you tap into? Thanks and this looks very cool.
Wonder if the headliner was dropped and its wired through the roof rails. That would be a very clean install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have them all on seperate switches. The little space on the dash to the left of the steering wheel, I used that to put a switch box.

It's currently in the shop having a computer built into the compartment space in the floor of the rear hatch.

I had the shop doing it put a massive battery in the front then run it to a pac isolator and a second battery in the rear.

The alternator in the Ascent is a beast. Took quite a bit of digging before I did the install but it is a 180 amp alternator which is important since there are no alternatives to either boost or put a larger alternator in the ascent. Between the lights and 2000w power inverter it is more than sufficient.

I'll get pics up when I have everything complete.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I was surprised to see a 180 amp alternator in this vehicle,guess with all the tech stuff it needs it.Good job there Subaru.

·
Administrator
10,968 Posts
Adventuring...

May I ask a serious question? What is the point of having all those lights?
Off roading, camping, tailgating in front of the car (dunno what that would be called), other adventures.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts