Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know is the cup holder with lights can be added to the premium 2019 ascent and would you know what the part number would be ? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yeah. Check if new harnesses would be needed. I wanted to add the side view mirror turn signals to my Premium and found that it would require new harnesses.

Of course for something like the cup holder lights, it might be fairly easy to run wires as needed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Trying to work this out now, I have the new mat, the lense and the couple of bulbs. When I can figure out the harness number I will post it here..check this post...

I realize this read is older, but in case your interested.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trying to work this out now, I have the new mat, the lense and the couple of bulbs. When I can figure out the harness number I will post it here..check this post...

I realize this read is older, but in case your interested.
Any luck ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
No, the one harness I bought was for the back items, though it had a extra plug near the front of the glove box, that wouldn't be long enough to go in the glove box or back far enough to reach any of the rear seat components, heater, usb and such. Robert is still working on this and he's replied in the other thread. If this works out I will try and message you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is the thread.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, the one harness I bought was for the back items, though it had a extra plug near the front of the glove box, that wouldn't be long enough to go in the glove box or back far enough to reach any of the rear seat components, heater, usb and such. Robert is still working on this and he's replied in the other thread. If this works out I will try and message you.
Was it this one ?81870XC20A cuz is so I’m on the same boat

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah that cable is the one that is posted in the other thread, and that is one I bought also. Have you taken yours apart?, This cable plugs in around the front of the glove box (white plug) and goes back into and through the glove box to power the items in the second row, usb, heat/cool panel, but if you read the other thread there is a black connector, next to the main one that plugs in near the front of the glove box, this black connector isn't long enough to reach anything beyond the front of the glove box, and only has a few wires in it. I'm not sure what exactly plugs into this connector, but it has a couple of wires that are the same color as the connector on this cable that will fit a small light. Robert said there is a light below the heater panel on the second row for footwell illumination. We'll see if Robert can get some pics of his wiring and we will know what that black connector goes to and/or if we need this cable and another small harness. He thought that his cupholder lights are connected up front around the cigarette lighter and if so, we probably don't need this cable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also posted on your stereo speaker upgrade post. I am trying to do whatever I can on my premium to upgrade it. Mud flaps, auto dimming side mirrors, body side molding, led interior upgrades, rear hatch light, puddle lights and license plate lights, reverse lights, Led headlights. Next is the Rockford audio upgrade or the fog light kit, as long as the wife agrees and doesn't kill me...:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also posted on your stereo speaker upgrade post. I am trying to do whatever I can on my premium to upgrade it. Mud flaps, auto dimming side mirrors, body side molding, led interior upgrades, rear hatch light, puddle lights and license plate lights, reverse lights, Led headlights. Next is the Rockford audio upgrade or the fog light kit, as long as the wife agrees and doesn't kill me...:)
I got the same cable before I read the thread going by the diagram lol oh well extra parts. I did the subiespeed led for trunk lights myself don’t think of doing the speaker upgrade because I’m very rarely in my car I added the rainguard ,trailer, fog lights, Plasti dip emblems vinyl wrapped the chrome in the back where the logo meets the taillights did the footwell Leds. And want the cup holders lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice, were the fog lights difficult? and how do you like the footwell led's? , I thought about those, but they look awful bright, but cool..Maybe you could post some pics on your wraps, they sound kind of interesting.

I want the cupholders too, we'll figure it out, but what I really want, and this is not so good, is that limited center display..it looks so much better than ours..Pretty sure I am going to do that if I can work it out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice, were the fog lights difficult? and how do you like the footwell led's? , I thought about those, but they look awful bright, but cool..Maybe you could post some pics on your wraps, they sound kind of interesting.

I want the cupholders too, we'll figure it out, but what I really want, and this is not so good, is that limited center display..it looks so much better than ours..Pretty sure I am going to do that if I can work it out.
The wraps I bought from here Search by Vehicle - SUBARU - 2019 - Ascent - Page 1 - Premium Auto Styling the fog lights were very easy to install the hardest part was figuring out where the zip ties go lol but it was pretty simple the footwell led are not as bright as I you see in the pictures and the passenger side one sits a bit off centered but overall not bad . Man changing that part seems kinda hard for me. I’ll try to take some and post

1 - 14 of 14 Posts