Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for feedback from those that have lifted 1.5+” and have some miles on it. How’s it ride? Squeaks? Vibrations? Would you do it again?

Thanks!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a 2" lift from LP Aventure with zero issues. I would do it again in a heartbeat! My lifted Ascent Touring gets WAY more attention than my '16 STI Limited ever got.

Love the look of your lifted Ascent. What wheel and tires do you have? 265s?

Did you lose gas mileage with these tires?

Any change in acceleration?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Love the look of your lifted Ascent. What wheel and tires do you have? 265s?

Did you lose gas mileage with these tires?

Any change in acceleration?

Thanks!

I went with the Black Rhino Mozambique series wheel in gloss black with milled accents and Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires in 265/60R18

Can't answer your other questions because I ordered the vehicle, gave my dealership the list of parts I wanted installed as part of a collaboration project, and they did the work immediately upon them receiving the vehicle. I never drove it prior so I can't compare. I didn't take official delivery until the entire project was completed, so I've never known it to be any other way.

The lift kit definitely makes the vehicle feel planted with no floating sensation others have complained about and it corners like it's on rails! Not quite like my STI, but still feels great.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2" lift from LP Aventure with zero issues. I would do it again in a heartbeat! My lifted Ascent Touring gets WAY more attention than my '16 STI Limited ever got.

Thanks, was gonna do a spring lift(even though I said I wasn’t ?), but it doesn’t have all the alignment spacers, etc

Then you hear about the wobbles on some Foresters ? had me a little nervous.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks, was gonna do a spring lift(even though I said I wasn’t ?), but it doesn’t have all the alignment spacers, etc

Then you hear about the wobbles on some Foresters ? had me a little nervous.

From what I've read here, the wobbles are caused by the driveshaft when you lift the vehicle. That can be taken care of with the harder CVT mount bushing offered by CKE here on the forum.

It appears you also should consider the harder sway bar bushings.

Here's a good video showing how the OEM CVT mount on a lifted Forester is inadequate and allows a wobble. The replacement mount being harder, eliminates the wobble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0TBsYkhVZI

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks!

I went with the Black Rhino Mozambique series wheel in gloss black with milled accents and Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires in 265/60R18

Can't answer your other questions because I ordered the vehicle, gave my dealership the list of parts I wanted installed as part of a collaboration project, and they did the work immediately upon them receiving the vehicle. I never drove it prior so I can't compare. I didn't take official delivery until the entire project was completed, so I've never known it to be any other way.

The lift kit definitely makes the vehicle feel planted with no floating sensation others have complained about and it corners like it's on rails! Not quite like my STI, but still feels great.
Please give us an idea of what your gas mileage city vs freeway. Some folks are reporting a 5 mpg hit with 265 beefy all-terrain tires.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks!

With regard to the tire and wheels, could you have gone with a larger tire size?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Please give us an idea of what your gas mileage city vs freeway. Some folks are reporting a 5 mpg hit with 265 beefy all-terrain tires.
I am the worst person to ask about gas mileage seeing as I've never paid any attention to it nor made a purchasing decision based on it, and I've had a LOT of vehicles in my lifetime. My 2003 Mercury Marauder got 220 miles out of a tank of premium and I didn't care. Went through rear tires about every 7 to 10k, too. My 2016 STI Limited was on fumes by 275 miles on the trip odometer. I'm getting WELL above that with my Ascent, so I consider it a win. I'm probably 90% city and 10% highway each day and don't even start thinking about gas until I get to 350 miles on the trip odometer.

·
Registered
653 Posts
From what I've read here, the wobbles are caused by the driveshaft when you lift the vehicle. That can be taken care of with the harder CVT mount bushing offered by CKE here on the forum.

It appears you also should consider the harder sway bar bushings.

Here's a good video showing how the OEM CVT mount on a lifted Forester is inadequate and allows a wobble. The replacement mount being harder, eliminates the wobble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0TBsYkhVZI
Yep I can help out with both.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2020 Ascent and have been driving it for a few weeks. Totally love it. I see some great ideas here and will be speaking with a dealer approved shop in SoCal next week regarding a lift kit, wheels, and tires. Seems the 2" lift kit from LP Adventures gets the most airtime and I think this shop will recommend it. The vehicle warranty will remain, which is good, but is there another approach? Thinking 2" is the max I would like to go and maybe 1" to 1.5" might be more realistic for me. Or, am I splitting hairs here?

Most of my driving is City/highway driving as this is my work/family vehicle. We do hit the trails 4 to 6 times a year, and in winter we are in the snow almost every weekend. Any honest thoughts on how drastic a 2" lift is for a 48 year old dad appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
I went to the 255/55R18 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires. I saw a 1mpg hit. But boy oh boy do they grip in the muddy stuff!

·
Registered
1 Posts
20200416_211858.jpg
2020 Limited. Only issues I have in general, worse gallons \ mile, and the road noise is super loud. But together they are well worth the looks I get.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts