Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got them back from being modified. They're still muddy from going out into a field for other pictures being taken.

2" lifts, custom tires and wheels (and yes, that's all the larger you can go with wheels or there's going to be rub), custom paint, custom leather seats, and you're seeing correctly, we got rid of the ivory on the interior. Oh, and this is how you make sure you can tell your keys apart...

Bedlam editions, Crimson & Cream and Black & Orange.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,425 Posts
Very nice!
Mine if I ask what the total cost of upgrades per vehicle was?

·
Registered
96 Posts
How?

You wrapped three of the "features" that really bother me: front chrome on grill and (especially) the chrome strip on the fog light covers, as well as the funky cream leather accents inside the vehicle. Can I ask how it was done? Wrap in place or remove and wrap? If removed, how did they remove the interior cream accents?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Who are the lift manufacturers? Is that LP Adventures? What do the lifts consist of, can you post a link to those details. I am very interested in the lifted modifications since many Outback and Forester lift users have developed what they call a driveline "wobble". This wobble is usually more prevalent in vehicles that get lifted after more significant mileage after the transmission mount and CV axles have worn in.

However, I have several owners with brand new cars and they have had similar issues. This is why, several months ago I created this thread.

https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/10-engine-technical-discussion/1525-cke-ssp-cvt-mount-insert.html

I have been referred by ADF many times, and Patrick and I were talking about the Ascent. They haven't lifted one there yet, I don't think. I would be interest what happens after a few thousand miles after these rigs are sold. How does your dealer warranty things like driveshafts, CV axles, ball joints, sway bar endlinks ... when these modifications are done at the dealer?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You wrapped three of the "features" that really bother me: front chrome on grill and (especially) the chrome strip on the fog light covers, as well as the funky cream leather accents inside the vehicle. Can I ask how it was done? Wrap in place or remove and wrap? If removed, how did they remove the interior cream accents?
These are premiums, so the interior was the hard plastic. Remove, sand, paint to match. We're working on getting a leather kit to be able to do the interiors.

As for the outside stuff, that's not a wrap. Those are painted. Our customizing shop removes the piece and then paints them with automotive paint.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who are the lift manufacturers? Is that LP Adventures? What do the lifts consist of, can you post a link to those details. I am very interested in the lifted modifications since many Outback and Forester lift users have developed what they call a driveline "wobble". This wobble is usually more prevalent in vehicles that get lifted after more significant mileage after the transmission mount and CV axles have worn in.

However, I have several owners with brand new cars and they have had similar issues. This is why, several months ago I created this thread.

https://www.ascentforums.com/forum/10-engine-technical-discussion/1525-cke-ssp-cvt-mount-insert.html

I have been referred by ADF many times, and Patrick and I were talking about the Ascent. They haven't lifted one there yet, I don't think. I would be interest what happens after a few thousand miles after these rigs are sold. How does your dealer warranty things like driveshafts, CV axles, ball joints, sway bar endlinks ... when these modifications are done at the dealer?
LP Adventures, installed by our customizing shop. Apparently they've (LP) even posted us on their Facebook page, because we've done so many of their lifts.

We've done a LOT of Outbacks and Crosstrek, only a few Fozzies. With Oklahoma roads being what they are, getting an alignment every year or so is pretty much normal down here anyway, so I've not had or heard of anyone with a driveline wobble. If you don't have a GOOD alignment done one the car is lifted, you'll end up with major issues. Also you have to pay attention to what tires you put on the car, too. Some of the really aggressive tires cause more issues just on their own. I'm down in the land of ... well, to be politically incorrect, ******** - which means seeing an F-150 with a 6" (or more) lift tooling down the highway is NOT an uncommon sight.

As for warranty ... if it's on the car when we sell it, or we install it or have it installed at our customizing shop, we warranty it for the normal vehicle warranty and then any extended warranty if purchased.

·
Registered
685 Posts
As for warranty ... if it's on the car when we sell it, or we install it or have it installed at our customizing shop, we warranty it for the normal vehicle warranty and then any extended warranty if purchased.
Nice, there is value built into buying it though the dealer then.

The truck shops that work for dealers around here do the same thing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
These are premiums, so the interior was the hard plastic. Remove, sand, paint to match. We're working on getting a leather kit to be able to do the interiors.

As for the outside stuff, ... Those are painted..
Thanks for the info. Next time I'm in OKC I'll drop in. I'm only 1,500 miles away or so.
Keep us in mind if you come up with leather trim kits for retail sale.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I want to like it but I can't. The lift, tires, and wheels look fine but the painting and interior modifications don't look good. To each their own.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I really dig the red interior accents and the red rear hatch (smoked taillights and painted strip).
not quite so much the front grille though...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just got them back from being modified. They're still muddy from going out into a field for other pictures being taken.

2" lifts, custom tires and wheels (and yes, that's all the larger you can go with wheels or there's going to be rub), custom paint, custom leather seats, and you're seeing correctly, we got rid of the ivory on the interior. Oh, and this is how you make sure you can tell your keys apart...

Bedlam editions, Crimson & Cream and Black & Orange.
Can you take more pictures of the lift? Also what size are the rims and tires that fit with a 2" lift?

I'm mixed on the color schemes but I prefer to blend in than stick out.

Edit: Forgot to also ask what does it cost for the lift?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Can you take more pictures of the lift? Also what size are the rims and tires that fit with a 2" lift?
I am curious as well, is it just strut spacers, or a rear subframe and carrier bearing spacer as well? What are the alignment specs. I would be interested in a peek at all of these.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I'm mixed on the color schemes but I prefer to blend in than stick out.

Edit: Forgot to also ask what does it cost for the lift?
We've 255/55 R18's on them. Anything larger would rub on the fronts when taking sharp turns, or cause issues when actually going off-road. (Our customization guy tried a couple of different tire / wheel combinations when he had them in the air just to see what would happen.)

They just told us a total cost for the whole package, not the individual breakdown. So that includes the leather and everything, not just the lift. I've seen breakdowns for Outbacks where wheels, tires, lift kit, alignment, spline kit, and labor were in the $3,000 - $4,000 range for a cost, I can't see this being much different.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The OEM 18" has tire with 245mm (9.65") width, which is about 0.5" less than Carl's tires. I wonder if 245/70R17 (30.5" diameter), larger in diameter, would work and it would give the car 0.5" lift and better stance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would definitely like to see more pictures of the lifted car and how they did it.
Any differences at highway speed or around corners?

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
Brilliant!!! And, gave me an idea!

I'd be afraid of the paint chipping off (if it's paint). You can also buy covers for the key fobs in various colors.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=subaru+key+fob+cover
Brilliant idea! Made me dig a bit. Here's a two pack with a blue and a black one, which would enable people/couples/etc to set their driver's profiles to their own personal FOB and have them color coded so they don't confuse which is which.

https://www.amazon.com/Coolbestda-4buttons-Control-Forester-Crosstrek/dp/B072JJD3WC/

(there's other color options and combinations available as well, or two of the same color)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts