Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the dealer getting my 3 recalls done and asked about lift kits and whether they'd install them. They have the ReadyLift kit for $450 and $750 for install. I was looking at the LP Adventure Kit but it is $850.

Is it worth double the price? Any drawbacks to the ReadyLift kit? Tempted to just go have the dealer do it!

I would normally install this myself but I'm really low on time atm and don't want to wait.

·
Registered
651 Posts
It depends what is included in the lift? The main difference in types of lift are rear subframe spacers. Without the rear spacer, it can be difficult to get within good rear alignment specs.

I am not sure there is much difference if all the lift is ... is just strut spacers. I do not know if there are camber spec differences between the offered lift kits, if they are just strut spacers.

I think you need to find out just what lift packages from each company is being offered. If we all want to get technical. Then get the specs, if possible.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello, I have the LP Aventure 2" lift with Bumper Bar and front skidplate. I want to say that the product is very well made and the installers had no problem installing everything. It was cut to fit. After installation they were easily able to do a 4 Wheel Alignment and after 10,000 miles, I have had zero problems, squeeks, etc. I know it is more expensive, but I feel it is of excellent quality.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^already back up to $399. Still better than $450!
No, you have to look at other sellers! $313 now! On back order, but still. Ordered it at that price! Can still have the dealer install for $750.

It looks like the LP kit adds some different brake line brackets. Other than that they are very similar.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Amazon is tricky that way;
The primary price isn't always the cheapest. Scroll down and you'll see 3 other sellers including Amazon. The Amazon version is free shipping and the cheapest.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To add on to that, I've saved tons of money buying "used" from Amazon Warehouse deals. Basically they are just open box items. It can be 10% off and sometimes closer to 50% off.

Got a Schalge Smart Lock (retail $180) for $130 because the manual was missing.

Got a Roomba (retail $750) for $550 because it had been used once. Turned out a nickel was stuck in the wheel which was why it was returned!

And many many more. I always check that first. Heck if I don't like it as used I can still return it for a full refund and buy retail :D . So far out of at least 200 items I haven't returned any.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
651 Posts
Other than that they are very similar.
They are quite different, the LP Kit comes with the rear subframe spacer I mentioned before. The ReadyLift is a simple strut spacer kit. As I mentioned before, kits like this can be a challenge to get the rear alignment correct. There is only one adjustment bolt on the rear and it achieves both toe and camber. Without dropping the rear subframe, the rear suspension angles are maxed out and you don't get much flexibility with the rear alignment. There is a big reason the LP Kit costs more.

Either way, after the lift, you might want to upgrade your sway bar bushings since you will be raising the center of gravity. Oh, and you might also want a CVT mount insert if you develop the "wobbles". Look me up for either.

:devilish:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am about to order the LP adventure lift kit, and you're saying the dealer will install this upon request? It doesn't mess with the eyesight or warranty? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,533 Posts
Since when do dealers install after market equipment?
They have been instructed that it's a bad idea, a few months back. So, nowadays, probably not. Eyesight was just one of the reasons Subaru Corporate cited.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am about to order the LP adventure lift kit, and you're saying the dealer will install this upon request? It doesn't mess with the eyesight or warranty? Thanks.
My local dealership won't touch anything aftermarket. A good suspension shop should do a better job anyways.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts