Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer claims that there’s a Subaru approved aftermarket product call Diamond Fusion that is supposed to strengthen the glass and help prevent damage . . . Is anybody familiar with his product?

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts
The dealer claims that there’s a Subaru approved aftermarket product call Diamond Fusion that is supposed to strengthen the glass and help prevent damage . . . Is anybody familiar with his product?
I have never seen Subaru approve of any such product. Even their most recent Eyesight Owners Manuals for their most recent model years say to not use any coating on the windshield. I would write Subaru of America directly and ask them. I believe you will find that your dealer is... mistaken.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,827 Posts

·
Administrator
10,942 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
We have been through 3 windshields in 20 months with the first crack after only 60 miles. They crack with the smallest stone and sometimes you don't even hear any rock. It might have something to do with the heat in Texas. We have a Toyota highlander with 3 times the miles driven on the same exact routes and same drivers that has less chips/cracks on 1 windshield than we got on all 3 combined. After the first replacement we got safelite to repair a tiny chip, but the entire window cracked out during the repair and we ended up with a crack all across. So now we just learn to live with the cracks until it gets unbearable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts