Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered our Subaru Ascent limited 15 weeks ago. Got word it was at dealer on thursday last week. They are waiting on paperwork. It’s Monday. Can’t tell you how much we need this car. Other one is stalling out and with 4 kids can’t drive it. anyone have a similar experience waiting on paperwork license plate etc.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Dang ... that's nearly twice as long for the wait. People have reported 6-8wks of order for the early adopter. Something is weird going on with their manufacturing, making me think that their capacity is slashed in half, 3000units per month (instead of 6000units/mo). I'm betting that if you ordered a car that's stripped down (limited + no add-on option), your order will be very slow.

What "paperwork" are we talking about? There are about 5 different dealer reps on here that can fill you in.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We ordered our Subaru Ascent limited 15 weeks ago. Got word it was at dealer on thursday last week. They are waiting on paperwork. It’s Monday. Can’t tell you how much we need this car. Other one is stalling out and with 4 kids can’t drive it. anyone have a similar experience waiting on paperwork license plate etc.

We had ours transferred from another dealer, to a dealer that was still 2.5 hours from us. Made the call on Saturday mid day to have them do it, and the car was physically transferred on that Monday and we left/started the drive to pick it up before it actually arrived at the dealer. Once we got there, did our paper work and drove out with it.

This is different as it was not an order from the factory like yours.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Every store and state is going to be different. I'd guess at least 95% of people that buy a car at my dealership leave the very same day with the car. But I know thats not the case with some states.

If someone that is well qualified, knows what they want, ordered a car, etc spends longer than an hour at my store there is a problem. I try to get the credit application and loan approvals taken care of before the customer ever arrives. Its very easy to get paperwork loaded and ready to go for a customer that has ordered a car.

Now if we are driving 15 different cars while you decide what color of seat is softer then we're obviously gonna spend longer. If you have bad credit its going to take longer to work out the details. If you come in unannounced on a Saturday afternoon you may have to wait in line.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm trying to understand your question better as I don't think the other people are addressing what you are asking.

Your issue is the dealer had the car delivered last Thursday and you are wondering why you weren't able to be at the dealer that day to take the car? And why you are now waiting 4 working days and still have not been able to go get the car?

I don't know. My dealer got the car and I got it that day (maybe came in the evening before). In my state it's on us to get the tags so your state may be different but it seems odd they have some heavy paperwork to do before they can sell it to you.

·
Registered
913 Posts
My dealer needed a day to install the Window Tint and detail the car ready for delivery. It shouldn't take long unless you had dealer-installed options and they have a back up.

What do they say when you ask them about the delay and when your car will be ready?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ordered mine on 8/15/18 and picked up on 12/2/18. Had to wait because the dealer would only apply the ASPCA VIP discount on orders and not exsisting stock. Including the 90 minute drive each way it took us a total of 4.5 hours to be back at home with the new car. 90 minutes at the dealership is not to bad considering our last experience took almost 5 hours just at the dealership. If it helps, we live in California.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Weird

That is really strange. I told my dealer that I wanted a blue Limited if he could fine one. I did not pre-purchase. He called me at 11am this past Friday and said that he had just gotten one on the lot as a trade from a dealer from another state. The car had not been through the shop and did not have an inspection sticker for my state. I went to look and purchased the vehicle and left that day. The process took about 6 hours with negotiating and having it inspected, cleaned and pinstriped (my choice) - he was going to make sure I left that day with the car

·
Registered
90 Posts

I also waited 15 weeks for my delivery. Got a call last Tuesday at 7pm that the car had come in, picked it up the following afternoon.

·
Registered
978 Posts
If the car is on the lot. Undamaged it can be as fast as 30 minutes to drive off in your car.

Every time these stories pop up its one of three things. The dealer sold the same vehicle multiple times ie F-ed up. Which case they either give you a line of BS that your agreement on price isn’t honored by the dealer sales staff get tossed under the Ascent.

The car was damaged in transit and they are waiting on parts ie patch it up and pass it off as nothings happened.

Or they actually don’t have it.

If the car is on the lot they have paperwork to sell it the second it rolls of the truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts