Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my brand new Ascent Touring I picked up fresh off the truck is awesome. I've driven it for a week and already have two issues. First is the AC that I posted about in another thread, next is the left rear sensor.
As I get ready to park with nothing behind me I get a red floating rectangle in my backup camera screen with a continuous beep as if I am right up on an obstacle. All other sensors are clear and there are no obstacles near the vehicle. As I am backing up and turn the steering wheel the right way, it stops. As soon as I am straight, backing up again, it goes back off. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any recommendations? My nearest service is 1.5 hours north. So I am hoping I can clean something, unplug and re-plug a wire, or reset a computer.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
The red squares are created from sonar data. The four responsible sensors are on the black part of the rear bumper, two on each side of the hitch cover portion. Clean at least both of the left sensors, as well as possibly the third from the left and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I have an appointment on Friday to get the car turned in. Apparently my AC issue is a known issue, but, most importantly, the left rear sensor is not. I cleaned the sensors with car soap and water to no avail. Still the same issue. Will post what the resolution is from the service department. I turn in the car on Friday and have to wait two weeks on an AC part for the known issue. Will get a loaner until then.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I have an appointment on Friday to get the car turned in. Apparently my AC issue is a known issue, but, most importantly, the left rear sensor is not. I cleaned the sensors with car soap and water to no avail. Still the same issue. Will post what the resolution is from the service department. I turn in the car on Friday and have to wait two weeks on an AC part for the known issue. Will get a loaner until then.

Whats the known issue and when did you take delivery?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats the known issue and when did you take delivery?
My Ascent was not part of the known issue for the AC. They tried to replicate the backup sensor issue and could not on the day I took it in. As soon as I got home, it happened again. This time I took a video and will email it to the dealership this week. I am suspecting a short, loose connection, or a broken wire somewhere in the circuit. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the back-up system?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Ascent was not part of the known issue for the AC. They tried to replicate the backup sensor issue and could not on the day I took it in. As soon as I got home, it happened again. This time I took a video and will email it to the dealership this week. I am suspecting a short, loose connection, or a broken wire somewhere in the circuit. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for the back-up system?
Took delivery on 7 June.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have the same issue.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Can you share the vid? Maybe I can help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts