Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their turn signals bulbs with LED bulbs and if so where did you install the resistors. Would like to do this but wanted some advice/recommendations first

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I got my resistors from VLEDS. They’re encased in a really nice box that also dissipates heat well. For the front I put them on the sides of the engine bay hidden by the black cloth-like material near the fenders. For the rear I mounted them on the body behind the tail lights. It doesn’t look like there’s a lot of room but they definitely fit. I also tested the temp by running the hazard lights for like 20 minutes and they got warm but not melt-your-tail lights warm. The cheaper resistors that are literally just a ceramic resistor will get uncomfortably hot in my opinion.
I’m also a fan of VLEDS Triton LEDs. I had them on all 4 corners of my Outback. I went with something similar in my Ascent (Xenon Depot Extreme VF). This is the good stuff - pricey but also the best.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got my resistors from VLEDS. They’re encased in a really nice box that also dissipates heat well. For the front I put them on the sides of the engine bay hidden by the black cloth-like material near the fenders. For the rear I mounted them on the body behind the tail lights. It doesn’t look like there’s a lot of room but they definitely fit. I also tested the temp by running the hazard lights for like 20 minutes and they got warm but not melt-your-tail lights warm. The cheaper resistors that are literally just a ceramic resistor will get uncomfortably hot in my opinion.
I’m also a fan of VLEDS Triton LEDs. I had them on all 4 corners of my Outback. I went with something similar in my Ascent (Xenon Depot Extreme VF). This is the good stuff - pricey but also the best.
I have replaced all of my bulbs with LEDs from Diode Dynamics. They work great and were easy to change.
Automotive LED Replacement Bulbs & Lighting Upgrades

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.