Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone sorry if this has been discussed before but bit the bullet and fell victum to the eBay deal on Lasfit canbus bulbs.
Inatalled the front turn signals and they work great and are crazy bright, but when I installed the rears I get hyper flash now.
I know resistors are most likely needed but I dont want to damage the factory harness.
I came across these extension harneses on amazon that have the resistors built in them.
Has anyone come across these and use them? Sorry for for the long wind post

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
Sorry, no experience with those particular resistors. They look similar to the common ones, just have the harness built in for exactly the purpose you stated. No reason to expect the wouldn't work just fine.

I used one of these on all 4 turn signals when I did mine:
VLR-6 RESISTOR W/ DUOTAP HARNESS

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello everyone sorry if this has been discussed before but bit the bullet and fell victum to the eBay deal on Lasfit canbus bulbs.
Inatalled the front turn signals and they work great and are crazy bright, but when I installed the rears I get hyper flash now.
I know resistors are most likely needed but I dont want to damage the factory harness.
I came across these extension harneses on amazon that have the resistors built in them.
Has anyone come across these and use them? Sorry for for the long wind post
Can you link to the product? I want to add it to my cart

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so update on these harnesses.... The 7440 harness does not dit onnthe rear kights due to the unique triangle shaped opening. Also the 7443 does not fit securely in the front lens so I ended up using the 7440 harness in the front and no more hyper flash!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Which front turn signals did you end up getting?

ps. Saw the warning for the resistors? I know they get warm by design, but very hot for a low powered LED load?

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
ps. Saw the warning for the resistors? I know they get warm by design, but very hot for a low powered LED load?
Surprisingly they do get quite hot. Have you tried changing any of the stock incandescent bulbs after they’ve been on a few minutes? They’re definitely hot enough you can’t touch them. They’re simulating the load of that light bulb all the time. It does negate any energy savings of LED but in turn signals that doesn’t matter as much.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which front turn signals did you end up getting?

Yes the resistors do get hot that is part of the job of it .... Its creating resistance which makes heat.
I still have the Lasfit led bulbs in there even tho theybjust informed me theybare not compatible

1 - 9 of 9 Posts